Choices

(QING)

I was surprised when Dayu asked to meet me just a day after spending the weekend with me.

It's an early Tuesday night when I pick him up on our usual spot, in front of the arcade complex.

I took him to Tee's restaurant. I also have a share on this establishment. But I don't involve myself with anything on this business. I respect Tee's talent for cooking and management to dip my finger in this restaurant. I just let myself enjoy the profits I earned from putting my money in the initial investment for Tee's restaurant.

Tee readied a private booth for us. He even went out of the kitchen to say hello to Dayu who gave Tee a warm smile as well.

But when we were left alone, a worried look appear on Dayu's face again. The same worried look he got when I picked him up awhile ago.

I reached across the table to hold his hand. It's cold, "What is wrong?" I asked Dayu. Feeling a little worried myself.

Dayu winced at me, "Baba found out," he said.

"Found out? What?" I frowned as I contemplate the meaning of his words. Then my eyes widened, "About us?"

Dayu nodded, "He saw me getting out of your car last Sunday. He saw us kissing,"

"Fuck," I let go of his hand to grab a handful of my hair at the back of my head. "And...what happened?"

Dayu sighed, shoulders slumping. "He confronted me. We talked."

"And..." I know there is more. For Dayu to look this downcast. "Did your Baba got mad at you?"

"No," Dayu gave me a sad look. "No, he didn't get mad. Not violently, at least. I wish he got mad. But no, instead I feel like he is truly disappointed at me. Yesterday, he went out early, instead of having breakfast with us, like he use to do."

"Oh sweetheart," I took Dayu's hand again. I even stood up to sit beside him so I can pull him closer and made Dayu lean on me. "Are you okay?"

"No," Dayu is being honest. "Baba adviced me to start thinking about how to confess all these to Mama and Grampy. He promised support though. He said, he will handle Grampy for me."

"But your Mama..."

"Will be a different matter." Dayu sighed. "Baba wants me to be honest with Mama and answer all her questions, because by God, she will have lots of questions."

I could imagine. I held Dayu closer and he leaned his head on my shoulder. "I don't know what to do. I am scared. But I also know that I cannot delay anymore. It will be unfair to everyone involve. My family, your family, you..."

"Dayu, don't think about me..."

"How?" Dayu leaned out to stare up at me. "When you are the one person constantly on my mind. How can I not think about you?"

That made me smile. "You are constantly in my mind too,"

We smiled at each other. We only look away from each other's eyes when someone cleared his throat. Tee stood by the booth, "Shall we serve your dinner now?"

Dayu blushed and straightened on his seat while I grinned at my friend. "I feel extra special now. Will the chef personally serve our food?"

"I will charge you extra for this, don't be too happy," Tee and I laughed good naturedly as Tee, with the assistance of his staff, started putting dishes on the table. Tee even poured the wine on our glasses. Then he dismissed his staff. "Is everything okay?" He asked us while staring at Dayu.