Busy

(QING)

The moment I realized that I have been deluding and lying to myself.

Who is getting over who? Who is forgetting who? Who is successfully taking someone out of his mind?

Not me.

As I look at Dayu wearing a white tank top inside a red short sleeved unbuttoned shirt and light peach colored walking shorts, I knew I can never get over him.

One month. One long month of keeping my distance. Of going on with my everyday life after Dayu rejecting me, I thought I was doing it. Getting over him.

But nope. One look at Dayu and all the feelings are rushing back to me.

And I hate it.

Dayu doesn't like me. Dayu rejected me, twice. Dayu is not for me. So what was my heart thinking of still storing feelings for this guy who doesn't want to do anything with me?

Oh right, my heart is not there to think but to feel. Fuck!

So instead of dwelling on Dayu, I turned my attention to YuZhu. He is a model and endorser of our liquor products. Not the most successful or famous but YuZhu is an effective endorser. He also models for clothes and facial cleaning products on print ad and TV.

We are here on Hainan to make a commercial for our new product, a brandy, and to negotiate a contract with a hotel here to supply their bar with our liquors. I was in charge of that project. But the advertising team employed by our company asked me to supervise their shootings and pictorials too. Being in marketing, I also have a little knowledge about advertising so I said yes.

So I am here, to supervise, watch and give my opinion. So far, I am liking what I saw. I am all for focusing on my work here in Hainan, until Dayu and his friend, Teacher Yap AhnZong, came to say hi.

Now, my focus are shot to pieces and I have to pay extra attention to YuZhu to avoid looking at Dayu.

Why is my life like this now?

"How long have you been here, Director Wang?" Teacher Yap asked me.

"Please, call me Qing." I said first. "Today is my third day here. I am in the contract negotiation team, Teacher..."

"AhnZong." AhnZong corrected me. "Call me AhnZong. I bet you don't call Yu ah, Teacher Feng."

"Yes," I just nodded, still avoiding looking at Dayu.

"Qing," YuZhu put a hand on my arm to get back my attention. "Will you follow us on the next location and watch too?" He asked.

"Maybe not." I said. "But I will see you and the rest of the commercial team later for dinner,"

"Really?" YuZhu smiled at me. "That would be nice. I like having dinner with you..."

Right. I nodded, "Go on. Your team will leave in any minutes. You have to be ready,"

"Okay," YuZhu nodded. "See you later?" He traced a fingertip on my arm.

"Sure..." My forehead creased a little at that touch. YuZhu winked at me before sauntering away. I cannot help shaking my head at his flirtatiousness. YuZhu is a flirt in nature. I don't find anything wrong with being flirty, as long as you know how to keep it in your pants. Something YuZhu didn't know what to do.

I will let YuZhu flirt with me. There is no harm in that. As long as he knows that he and I will never get back together.