Battles

(SENGYOU)

I stared at my brother while we are having breakfast. Qing has his phone on his ear, trying to contact our mother.

But after a dozen tries, Qing finally admitted defeat. He put down his phone and gave me a sad look. "She doesn't want to talk to me," Qing concluded and stared at his toast forlornly.

"Can you blame her?" I asked my stupid brother before taking a bite off the crispy edge of my toast. "You stupid fuck, telling our parents and Wowo that you are willing to kill yourself for that boy."

"I didn't mean it...I...argh! Why am I this stupid?" Qing asked me miserably. "Mama must be so hurt," he added in a resigned tone.

"She is hurt, sure. But she is also angry. I am angry. Really? You are willing to kill yourself just because we won't let you be with Dayu? You are that insane?" I stared at Qing, wanting to be sure that he is not serious about that threat he spewed last night.

"I said I didn't mean it!" Qing's lower lip pouted a little. "It's...my fault. I was wrong. And I wish Mama will pick my call so I can tell her how wrong I am. Maybe I should go home with you, Gege...will Mama visit the laboratory today?"

I was about to answer when my own phone beeped. Someone sent me a message. I checked who it is.

I winced at my brother. "Well, forget about coming home with me, Mama just sent me a message. She wants me to tell you that you should stop calling her as she will not take your call. She is still mad. And don't bother showing yourself in front of her too, she will hurt you for real. She promised to freeze you in nitrogen oxide and drop you in boiling oil. Wow..." I whistled at the eleborate plan my mother has for my brother.

Qing, instead of being scared, chuckled. "I got my exaggeration from her. She won't freeze me..." smile melting. "Would she?" Now he sounded unsure.

I laughed at him. "You stupid fuck." I took my glass and drink some orange juice.

Qing sighed, "I don't know what to do anymore, Gege. I don't want to fight our family. I don't want to hurt anyone. I just want to be with Dayu. Why is it so hard? Why?"

That is some question. I am also wondering about the same thing. If you think about it, maybe it's fine if Wowo and Dayu's grandfather hates each other. Dayu and Qing are the ones in the relationship anyway. The Wangs and the Fengs can stay out of it if they don't want the two families to be involve.

Why not just let Qing and Dayu to be together? It's not like they are going to last for forever and get married. Maybe what Qing and Dayu feels will wane and they will break up. Sure...that can happen.

Maybe I should raise this thought with our family.

"I don't know, Qing." I said to answer my brother's question. "But what I can say is that you have to keep it quiet for the time being. Be a good boy and stay quiet. Don't meet Dayu for the time being. You know...keep it under the radar."

Qing winced, "I messaged Dayu last night, he said our grandfathers learned about us being on that hotel because his Grampy put a tail on Dayu."

"Yikes," I cringed at that.

"Exactly," Qing tap a finger on the tabletop. "How can we keep things under the radar when under the radar is also being watched? How?"

"I don't know." Their situation is exhausting.

Qing frowned and cross his arms on his chest. "What I want to know is the reason why Wowo hates Dayu's Grampy. If I learn the reason why they are mad at each other, maybe we can fix it and things will be better..."