A Great Time

(DAYU)

I was about to finish a chapter on my novel when my phone beeped beside my laptop. Someone is calling me but only numbers are registering.

I took the call.

"Hello?" I said as I clicked the save icon on my worksheet.

"Hello, Dayu...?" The man on the other line replied hesitantly. "This is Qing's father..."

My eyes widened and I stood hastily in shock, "Oh Sir...why..."

"I'm sorry to call all too sudden, I just want to inquire about you. How are you, Dayu ah? The last time we saw each other was..." he stopped. "That night ended unpleasantly."

Dr.Wang is referring about the night of his birthday dinner.

"I already put those things aside, Sir. I am fine. How are you?" I said to ease the gloom we are feeling because of that memory.

"I am well. I called because SengYou asked me out for dinner, he said he will introduce someone to me and I think I have an idea who it is." Dr.Wang chuckled. "Anyways, a dinner invite got me thinking about you and Qing. I called to ask if you and my youngest can join us for dinner in a restaurant tonight. Just us. Me and my sons and whoever SengYou will introduce to me, although I am really fairly sure I know who he is..." Qing's father repeated that thought.

That made me smile. In fact I received a message from BaoBao this morning with a photo of flowers and three heart shaped balloons plus aspirin bottle and empty coffee can. The caption reads...

"Someone asked me for a date and I am saying "YES"...!"

It looks like BaoBao will not be single for long. He and Wang SengYou will start dating.

"Can you join us, Dayu?" Dr.Wang's voice on the othet line brought me back to our conversation.

"I would love too, Sir." I said.

"Ah, that's nice to hear." The relief on Dr.Wang's tone was clearly conveyed. "I can finally make it up to you,"

"There is no need to make up for anything, Sir. Like I said, I already push them all aside...away..."

"I know. Qing always said you are nice and kind. I never knew until now how lucky my son is to have someone like you. Please forgive Qing if he has a lot of misgiving..."

"He doesn't have any misgiving, Sir." I said, my loyalty to my lover. "Your son is kind to me. He treats me so well,"

"And I feel proud to hear that from you. Thank you, Dayu ah. See you tonight, then..."

"Yes, Sir. I will call Qing."

"Oh, I called him already. I think he said something about going home early to talk to you. I will see you later..."

"See you then, Sir. Hope the rest of your day will be okay."

"Thank you,"

We said our goodbyes and the phone call was ended. Just in time for me to hear a car entering our gates.

Qing is already home.

I shut my laptop down and race downstairs to welcome him. Qing is already in the living room calling for me.

"I am home, Sweetheart." He said as he saw me climbing down the spiral staircase.