Cheeky

(QING)

I sat on the foot of my bed as I wait for Dayu to finish washing up. I went to have my shower first after our esteemed guests finally left.

Even though the dinner got weird in the middle, what's with my brother deciding to turn weird on us, I can fairly say that the dinner was a huge success. The food was great, the company we had was good.

And the cake was blown too.

All in all, I am happy with that dinner. But my opinion matters less than Dayu's feelings. I want to know what he felt when my brother said that this, what we have between us, is kinda new to me. Unusual in my standard.

It's true. I am not the kind of person who do secret relationships. I waved that closet goodbye with a fuck you sign on my hand a long time ago.

But Dayu is different. His situation is different. His environment is different from mine. Dayu and I...we are dissimilar.

So I cannot expect Dayu to just stand and shout to the world that he feels like a woman inside and that he is with me.

No. I don't expect that from Dayu. I don't want Dayu to do that. What I want is for Dayu to accept and own what he feels and let me stay beside him.

If one day, we can walk on the street holding hands without giving any fucks to anyone, that will be phenomenal. Great. Fantastic. Or if it will continue like this, me holding Dayu in private, away from prying eyes who will look at us and judge us, I can take that too.

I can live with that too.

As long as I am with Dayu.

So what is the problem?

Nothing. Not one shit.

So I don't know why I feel unsettled like this. Unsure. Insecure.

I don't know.

"I am ready," Dayu's voice pierced through my thoughts. I raised my head a little and saw him standing a few feet away. Looking freshly washed, pink and a little agitated while wearing a light grey robe that I own.

"Hey," I smiled at him. "Ready for what?" I frowned at him.

"For bed," Dayu said and frowned at me too. "You sitting there...quietly. What are you thinking?" He gave me a suspicious look. "You are thinking about something, right? Is it about the others volunteering to clean and wash after dinner? Didn't you like them messing around in your kitchen?"

That was the farthest thing on my head. But now that Dayu mentioned it, I think it's a far safer topic to discuss. "No," I shook my head. "I have no objection to them cleaning. We fed them, the least they can do is clean up after dinner."

"Even AhnZong? It's his birthday."

"His birthday is on Monday. It's not his birthday yet." I countered.

"But the dinner is for him," Dayu replied back. "We should have not let him wash dishes with Dr.Wang. I think they have conflicts on opinions."

Especially about us...

That is what Dayu omitted in that sentence. AhnZong and my brother has differences on the way to show support and concern about Dayu and I's relationship. AhnZong is more laid back, let's trust Qing and Dayu, kind of guy.

SengYou Gege is the let's figure out a way to help them with their problem, kind of guy.

Both meaning well, truly, but when those two totally different opinions clashed, it's headache inducing.