Domestic

(SENGYOU)

It was a quiet affair in the dining table as we sat down for breakfast this morning. The empty chair where Qing used to sit was like an elephant in the room that no one is speaking about.

Until Mama broke the silence.

"Qing will be miserable with that boy," She said.

"Ma..." I sighed. "Stop thinking like that."

"And why not?" Mama narrowed her eyes at me. "I can barely sleep last night, thinking about your brother. What he did to us. And for who..."

"It's over and done," Baba said. "Now, we just need to trust Qing..."

"I will never trust that boy again. After he came for you and SengYou?" Mama snorted. "I can forgive him for questioning that contract Wang Medicals have with my father's company. But for Qing to come after you and to threaten SengYou of banishment..."

"He is that desperate," I said to my mother. "Can't we just accept it already? Qing loves Dayu. That much. To the point that he will stand before all of us to fight for it. Let's just settle that fact already."

"But..."

"Your son is right, YanYi," Baba agreed with me. Cutting Mama's protest. "Qing is not prancing around with this matter. Your son methodically planned everything. For him to gather all those shares to control under all our noses and gather all those informations about the mismanagement happening in our hospitals, Qing is dead serious to have his way. Do you want another conference bout with your business savvy son? Qing will swallow us all whole when it comes to business matter."

Wowo cleared his throat and we all look at him, "Leave Qing alone for awhile. Let's not push him or prick his patience. We all know that Qing is not one with a generous stock of patience on him."

"But Baba..." Mama gave us distressed look. "That boy. That Feng boy is richer than my son. Have you seen the look on Feng MiLen's face when she imparted that information? That mocking look on that woman's face..." Mama closed her eyes and took a deep breath like she is finding it hard to continue speaking.

"Stop letting that woman get to you." Baba gave Mama a censoring look.

"She is already under my skin. The moment she slapped my son, she had already proven to me what kind of pompous highhanded family they are. And they are probably looking down at my son right now because Qing doesn't have shares in two companies that afforded him half a million of earnings every month." Mama sneered in distaste. "I won't let anyone look down at my son."

"No one is looking down at your son but you," Baba gave a long suffering look. "Stop comparing that boy's assets to Qing's. Qing is not entering that relationship empty handed. Our son is accomplished. The Feng boy is unemployed at the moment. They are living in the house our son bought and paid for with his own hard earned money. Qing's pride is intact. Stop worrying."

"I will only stop worrying once they've broken up." Mama is being stubborn. "My emotions won't settle down until Qing realizes what big mistake this relationship he has with that boy is."

"Mama," I am getting tired of this issue. "Just let them be for now..."

"Your mother is right, SengYou." Wowo shook his head at me. "Yes, we can let them be for now. We want to be careful around Qing for the moment. But what we can all be assure of, is that the Fengs will also not let their relationship last. Feng LiXong is not a tolerant man. Soon, he will do something to destroy the association his grandson has with Qing. What if your brother get hurt?"