Permission

(QING)

I led Dayu upstairs. To my bedroom, I kissed Dayu hard and pinned him against the doorframe. He got his arms around my shoulders as he kiss me back.

Kiss for kiss.

I manuevered him to turn around and slowly back him to my bed when he suddenly grew to a stop. I lifted my head to look at him.

"Your bed," Dayu's eyes were wide while looking up at me. "You...and your ex,"

He doesn't have to say more. I got what he means. I winced at him. "It's a new bed,"

We both look down at my bed. It's a queen size one. With light mint colored beddings and black striped pillows. It looks comfortable if I can say so myself.

"A new bed?" Dayu wondered loudly.

"Well, the mattress and beddings are new at least. It's the same frame but my mother replaced the mattress and bought me new sets of beddings." I said.

"Why?" Dayu looked up at me again.

"Well...my mother...she...uhm..." I scratched my chin as I look for the right words to describe my mother to Dayu. "She is a chemical scientist..." I said it like that should make sense of everything, but in truth it did nothing to bring my point home.

"And so?" Dayu frowned at me. "What does that got to do with your bed?"

"Well," My scratching transfered to my hair, "My mother also know about human chemistry. You know...fluids and all. Even moisture and sweats. When she learned that YuZhu was cheating on me, she raided my place and cleared stuffs. You know, she took away contaminated stuffs."

Dayu's mouth fell slightly open. "Contaminated stuffs?"

"Anything YuZhu touched. She would have replaced my living room and retiled the whole bathroom but I stopped her because well...it's a bit ridiculous. Right? Instead to compromise, I had to stay in our home while my mother invited an exterminator, a group of professional cleaners and a priest here in my house. Just to clean it." I said.

"You're kidding right?" Dayu winced at me.

"About the priest? No." I also wish I was joking but...I sighed.

"I see..." Dayu nodded and stared at my bed again.

"I love her," I said. "But sometimes I think other kids are lucky to not have a chemical scientist for a mother. Your Mama, Dayu...she..."

"Can we not talk about our mothers?" Dayu cut my question with a grimace. "Please..."

I grimaced with him. And then we smiles at each other and soon we were laughing together. I pulled Dayu in my arms while he lean his head against my shoulder.

"I mean...here we are, in your room, and our topic is our mothers. It's...weird, don't you think?" Dayu said while tilting his head to smile at me.

I nodded, "It's the height of weirdness. I know," I agreed with him. "So, let's restart again," I added before leaning down to kiss him again.

Dayu sighed and kissed me back. Letting me in to taste his sweetness and show me how well we both had adapted on this habit of constantly kissing when we are together.

I made him sit on the foot of my bed and gaze down at him. "Are you doing your assignment like we agreed upon?" I asked.

Dayu sighed, "Some." He said. "It's hard, to be honest. I feel ridiculous touching a part of my body without the purpose of cleaning that part," he confessed.