Basically Happy Ending

(QING)

After talking to Dayu, I called my mother to confirm something to her.

I even did it via video call.

"When is this convention?" I asked my mother.

"Wednesday, why?" Mama frowned at me.

Wednesday. Bingo!

I pushed down the excitement that rose inside me. I even opted to frown even if I want to jump and punch the air in joy.

And played a little hard to get.

"I will be busy this Wednesday, Mama..."

"You will go to the convention with me to see Mrs.Chen and her son again." My mother said in her insisting tone.

"But Mama..."

"Wang Qing!" Mama glared at me through the screens of both of our tablets.

I sighed, "Fine. I will go. But in one condition. SengYou Gege has to come too." I laid out my terms to come with her on this convention.

"Your brother? SengYou?" Mama frowned this time. I nodded.

"Do I have another Gege? Yes, my brother. You know, the tall blonde one," I said.

"Don't be cheeky, Wang Qing. Fine, your brother and father will be there as well. You really need a buffer, do you?" Mama pursed her lips.

I smiled at her, "Yes, Mrs.Wang, I need someone between us because I know you are still mad at me." I sighed. "I'm sorry, Mama. What I said was insensitive and hurtful and I am stupid. It's my fault." I finally apologized to her.

And I feel a lot more regret as I saw tears gathered in her eyes. "I hated you when you said those words..."

"Valid reason to hate me."

"You are my bad son!" Mama sniffed.

I nodded in agreement. "I'm sorry. I am bad. But I don't mean those words. I won't harm myself and I won't hurt you that way. I love you, Mama..." I said those words with the earnest sincerity in my heart.

My mother finally burst into tears. I sighed when she passed the tablet to my father who frowned at me. "Do you really have to make your mother cry while apologizing?" He demanded at me.

"Sorry," I smiled cheekily at him. "Hug her or kiss her or something. To make her stop. I'm sorry, Baba. I love you too. Don't be jealous now,"

"You stupid boy," Baba growled before Mama snatched back the tablet from him. She has composed herself but her eyes are still shiny with tears. "Love only me," she said in a demanding tone.

"You are the only woman I will love like this, Mrs.Wang. Stop being clingy or your husband might catch us. You and I, this affair we have, we have to keep it from him," I winked at my mother.

"I can hear you," Baba said boredly on the background.

"Don't mind him," Mama said. "I will leave him for you, Qing." She added.

I laughed. God, I love my parents. They are the best, and if they will love Dayu as well, my life will be perfect.

"Okay. Do that," I said to Mama. "Goodnight Mama. I love you. Tell Mr.Wang, I love him too."

Mama giggled like a teenage girl before nodding. "I love you, Qing."

I ended the call and laid on my bed in satisfaction.