"Then he will get hurt. Qing will learn a lesson. He chose this. If he gets hurt, then you can all march in his door and tell him "we told you so". Aren't you happy?" I told my family.

Mama was shocked, "Wang SengYou...? Don't you care for Qing anymore? He is your brother..."

"And he made his bed. He made his mind. He laid down his decision. He wants to be with Dayu. And he wants us to stay in the sideline and not interfere. Frankly, if that is what he wants, then so be it. If he gets hurt, Qing can blame himself. We all told him not to proceed but he did. It will be on his head. He is an adult. He should take the consequences for his mistakes..." I said.

"As he should," Baba agreed with me. "And besides, we are not fortunetellers to say if that relationship of Qing and that boy will fail."

"Dayu is his name," I said firmly to my family. "Stop calling Dayu "that boy" or the "Feng boy". He has a name. Dayu. Maybe if you will start addressing his lover in the right way, Qing will start mellowing down. We have to give something to gain something. Right? Start respecting Qing's relationship with Dayu and maybe Qing will start warming up on us again." I stood up after delivering that speech. "I am done eating, thank you for the food." Even though the conversation leaves a lot to be desired.

"You are going to get ready for work already?" Mama gave me a worried look. "SengYou ah..."

"I have patients waiting for me, Mama. And besides, Chen LuBao will start today. I have to discuss the informartion leak problem with him. We all know Chen LuBao is Qing's eyes and ears in the hospitals. We have to show him that we are behaving..." I walked to where my mother is sitting on the other side of the dining table to kiss her cheek. "I love you. Stop worrying too much about Qing or I will start getting jealous. Is he your only son? What about me?" I gave her a teasing smile.

Mama's eyes softened. She touched my cheek gently, "My good son. Why can't Qing be more like you?" She is whining now.

Baba and I chuckled at that. "Because I am perfect. He cannot copy me," I winked at my mother before straightening. Baba nodded at me. I pat my Wowo's shoulder as I passed him.

I am not sure if my mother will listen to my words. She is stubborn. Qing got his stubbornness from our mother.

I just wish she will be careful. Qing is a powder keg ready to blow if we will once again raise protest about his relationship with Dayu.

And then there is Chen LuBao to consider as well.

Ugh! I am already having headaches. Good thing I am a doctor. I can prescribe aspirin for myself.

I think I will need a whole bottle to get through all these drama.

...........................

(DAYU)

The glass I am washing almost slipped from my hands when two strong arms suddenly hugged me from behind.

I am doing the dishes that we used while having breakfast. Qing was supposed to be getting ready for work. Not giving me a surprise backhug while I am washing the dishes.

"I am ready," Qing said when I turned around to scold him.

I wiped my wet hands on a dish towel as I surveyed him. Qing looks clean and smart in his white long sleeve button shirt, blue tie and black trouser. His black shoes are quite shiny too. His dark locks styled perfectly.