Chapter 56: Abyss of Shadow (Dragon Tide Act 3 Finale)

Start from the beginning

He glares at me. “As for me, what I fight for… nothing. I have nothing left but this. If I should fail… I will have no reason to live.” With that statement, he unleashes his full might, a massive pressure wave of arcane power makes a heavy hum as it travels outward, the ground shaking violently from the force of Alexander’s Arcane Energy.

How… how am I… supposed to win against him?

Danica. Calm down. Within you is a power far greater than any other: Light.

Huh? Light? You stupid sword, you’re not making any sense. Last I heard, in my Elemental Physics, Light is supposed to be made of ALL the elements combined! I only have the power of Earth!

Ah, but you are wrong. Alexandi, the king of the Dragonlings, better known as the King of Light, didn’t just use Elemental Light. That takes a great deal of energy and effort. There is a SECOND way, by harnessing the incredible powers of your own soul, you can use its pure power to combat against his own mastery of the elements.

Use… my Soul’s… power?

You may know that the way fairies use magic is through the use of an ‘Arcane Core’. There is a very similar core in Dragonlings, though theirs is different. The Chromatics have a ‘Divine’ Core, but Gems have Arcane, like you. You, actually have BOTH. Therefore, you can easily access the powers of the Divine Elements, Light and…

Darkness. I finish for it.

Yes. Though, the majority of your soul has Light, so you can’t actually wield the Darkness.

“Are you two done talking yet? I would prefer to kill you now, not later.”

I regard him with irritation. “Who says I’m going to die? I don’t feel like losing to you.” He smirks, and then unleashes his full fury.

“Keido, Oath To Order.” Suddenly, a massive blast of Arcane energy sends me off my feet and I slam against a wall, making huge cracks in it.

Holy crap! How’d he get that strong in a matter of seconds?!

Alexander suddenly stands over me, sword raised to reap my life from my defenseless body.

“Die.” He says, his voice without emotion.

At Sapphiriana…

“All men, to your battle stations. The Chromatics will pay for what happened to the Towers of Torik.” I stand over all of Sapphiriania, countless warships rising into the air, their destinations various, but all inevitably headed to the Chaotic Desert.

If only things could be different, I would not do this. Racla must take responsibility. She is the only one who could have put an end to this nonsense, the political upheaval that so plagued the Chromatics. She is, after all, the daughter of Alexandi Hisagi, my uncle, brother of my father, Torik Hisagi. She is the only heir. But if she will not do her duty… I have another in mind.

Unfortunately, he seems to be preoccupied with the Crowns.

And that just won’t do.

“Fleets 103 and 106, divert routes to Feltatus. Pick up Alexander, before he makes a mess he can’t get out of. I have a proposition for him.”

The only man… strong enough to unite our people as king… is him.

Alexandi is dead, and his daughter incompetent.

Why am I not on the throne, if we have no king?

I do not wish to disrespect my father’s name.