Chapter 30: Blazing Fury

Chapter Thirty: Blazing Fury

I seethed with fury for the longest time, hating Alexander’s guts. I can’t believe he would do that to a woman, despite the fact he hated her, that wasn’t enough to justify outright slapping her. What’s WRONG with him?!

I decided it didn’t matter, because Alexander could care less. Of course, that didn’t mean I couldn’t make him care… With these thoughts in mind, I went to bed, slightly uncomfortable that we were sleeping in Naltheria’s estate.

I just wish that the next morning would be better.

I woke up to extremely angry shouting, Alexander and Naltheria were having a row, and it was quite a display of anger.

“I don’t give a crap, Naltheria, yesterday was bad enough, but the fact I woke up with you standing right over me while I was sleeping is unacceptable!!” Alexander roared in total fury.

“I was just closing the windows! I forgot to close them last night!” She shouted back at him.

“Then why on earth were they still open, and why were you standing over me like a freaking stalker?!” He screamed

“I was just about to… oh… hello Danica.” She says as I storm into the room. I was not happy.

“Can you two at least keep the racket away from me? Did you guys forget that I was sleeping RIGHT NEXT DOOR?!” I growl.

Alexander is about to say something, when I snap at him:

“Shut up, you stupid dragonling! And how could you be so insensitive to how a woman feels about you?! What’s wrong with you?!” I scream in rage, as I slap him in the face.

The room goes dead quiet.

Naltheria gives me a cautious look.

“Danica, run. Right now.” Her voice was steeled with warning, so I didn’t doubt that something bad was about to happen. I started running, as a loud draconic roar rings out in the deafening silence.

“DANICA CROWN! I’LL KILL YOU!!!” Alexander roars, the room erupted into fire just as I made it out.

“Guards! Restrain him! He’s gone into a rage! Don’t let him leave!” Naltheria screams, as Alexander bursts through the wall, lit aflame. His red eyes, along with the blazing fire and his wings, made him look like a freaking demon. I ran for it, as guards ran up to the floor we were on. I looked back as they attempted to tackle him, but he simple cut them in half with his sword, almost without looking away from me. I ran up to the rooftop stairway and climbed as fast as I could, knowing that Alexander was probably right behind me. It only took my hair occasionally catching fire to know that.

Man, I can understand being a little angry, but this angry? What’s wrong with…him… I’m so STUPID! How could I forget?!? Grandfather told me that if I ever met a dragonling, NEVER get them too angry. This is exactly what he told me about. Dragonling Rages are intense violent surges of anger that while they are in this state, pretty much has leave of their mental facilities.

I’m freaking screwed. In my panic and terror, I jump off the rooftop, just as Alexander swings his sword, sending a huge arc of fire that traveled out for miles.

If that hit the city, there would be a whole lot of trouble.

I land on my feet, panting. When I catch my breath, I look up, to see him staring down at me from the rooftop. I thought he had given up, until he jumped into the air.

Boy, that dragonling can jump… Well of course he can jump you idiot! He jumped over a freaking canyon!! Why are you so impressed with him?! I furiously scold myself. I take off, not wanting him to get a chance at me.

Too late. A flash of cold steel, and I feel his deadly blade against my throat. I swallow hard, panic rising. Now what am I going to do? There’s going to be no easy way out of this one.