Chapter 28: Flight of the Flaming Falcon

Chapter Twenty Eight: Flight of the Flaming Falcon

Rockets exploded, bullets flew. But that’s ok. I can out run them all. I was doing at least seventy miles an hour, no trouble. As the fighters approached, that became 150 miles an hour. I ducked into forests, behind trees, anything to shield myself from enemy fire. Curse my luck, I should’ve charged up while we were at the prison. The unconscious fairy on my back wasn’t helping situations.

I bolted, and to buy myself time, I decided to engage. I took out one of my favorite weapons, my Hellrider Phazer Shotgun. I let loose, and the planes overhead flew out of the way. The difference between normal shotguns and this badboy, is that the normal variety has a short range. This thing does just the opposite, with triple the effect of the normal gun. I hear a loud explosion seconds later. Gotcha. That’s why these are so hard to dodge: they shoot thousands of Phazer particles far into the air, which then explode on impact with a hard surface. With that little distraction, I begin running, irked by the weight of little Crown on my back.

Fairies. Always a freaking pain, asleep or awake. I mentally snarl. I make a decent amount of progress, when more fighters roar overhead.

Give me a break…

This gets better and better, no matter what I do. I hear a faint sigh, as the stupid fairy, Danica, finally wakes back up.

“It’s about time, sparkle fountain.” I smirk, as her eyes flutter open.

“Ha ha, very funny…” She murmurs softly. She winces as her leg begins sending pain signals to her brain again. That wound is only going to cause me problems… I need to get going. My powers are almost charged… I just need more time…

I found myself strapped tightly to Alexander’s back, who was running like the wind. I noticed fighter jets roaring overhead, shooting missiles and the like.

Alexander’s voice comes to me slowly. “It’s about time, sparkle fountain.” He smirks at me, in that annoying way of his. I’m so dazed I don’t get angry.

“Ha ha, very funny…” I manage to retort, only problem was I was drained from the wound on my leg, which was deciding to send more pain waves again. My voice came out weak and in a soft murmur. Man, this has taken a lot out of me. How’s Alexander going to get us out of here?

“Hey Danica. Ever gone supersonic before? Well today is your lucky day. Hold on to your stomach. You’re probably going to lose it in the next five seconds.

Wha? Is the only thought I get out before everything speeds up and blurs, and my stomach feels as if it’s being ripped out of my belly.

I shout, “What’s going on?!” But the wind snatches the words right out of my mouth, and I notice electricity is coming off Alexander.

Electric magic? How is that possible? He’s a red dragonling, so how is he using this kind of magic?

I notice a huge canyon straight ahead of us, but Alexander isn’t slowing down.

“Alexander! What are you doing?! You can’t just go charging straight at a canyon! Slow down or…” We weren’t going to run right over the cliff edge. I realized just what he was going to do a second before it happened.

Alexander was about to try and jump an entire canyon, at supersonic speeds. I know I have wings and all, but you’re going to give me fear of heights. Alexander! Stop! Don’t you dare jump that canyon!!

Too late, little pixie. He mockingly replies.

I told you for the millionth time, not to call me-

“EEEEKKKK!” I scream at the top of my lungs, as all of our forward momentum changes into a massive jump, soaring at rocket speeds. I threw up when I saw how high we were. It was like the clouds were zooming down to say, ‘Hello!’ We were waaay too high. As there always is a peak, a top to a roller coaster, there is a downhill slope that rips your stomach right out of your body. Ours was right over a massive city made of red stone and rubies.

 We were about to land right in the middle of Ruvain Hall. At the speed of sound.

Brace for impact, Alexander yells in my mind. And believe me, I did. This was going to suck.