Kiss Me

19th of November 2023

"So, tell me why I have to wear the most extravagant dress that I own tonight?" I asked with a laugh, as Luke walked out of my bathroom is a classic black suit and tie.

"Because tonight is going to be the most extravagant night of your life, that's why," Luke said, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair, which had slightly darkened over the years.

"Luke, I'm the Princess of France, I've had some pretty extravagant nights in my life" I said with a laugh, as I picked up my clutch and phone, signalling that I was ready to go.

"Fine," Luke huffed as he walked over to me, adjusting his bow tie on the way. "Tonight is going to be the best night of your life then."

"Well now that you have said that, it better be," I said with a grin as Luke just rolled his eyes at me and took my hand as we walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs to the main entrance of Versailles.

Luke and I have been going steady for about four and a bit years now. Milla and Calum are about to get married in a couple of weeks, meaning that Calum is going to become to King of Switzerland sometime in his life. Clara and Michael got married in Australia last year, in a beautiful ceremony in a gorgeous local church of theirs. Victoria and Ashton are also engaged, but luckily for Ashton, he will never become the King of Spain, as that role is reserved for Victoria's brother, George.

So all in all, life is pretty good. I finally convinced my mother to let me go to University, and I am currently studying Architecture at the University of Paris, and I'm heading into my final year of study, meaning by July next year I will officially be a qualified architect, which has been my dream since I was ten years old.

"You are lucky that it's relatively warm tonight, other wise I would be going straight back inside," I said with a smirk as Luke took my hand as we walked through the rose garden. As it was nearing December, the roses had started to fade yet the ones that were still in bloom, were as beautiful as ever.

"Belle, I don't think you are going to want to go inside tonight," Luke said with a grin as we reached the lake, when I noticed the beautiful set up just before the waters edge.

An archway had been made from white and baby pink roses, with a picnic blanket underneath. Next to the archway was a small table, big enough for two with a few bottles of champagne and bowls of pasta placed on the table.

"Did you do this?" I asked in complete awe of the whole situation.

"I had some help, but yeah I did," Luke said as we walked over, my heart bursting at the seems.

"God I love you so much," I said before kissing Luke softly, not noticing the two people, one with a camera and one with a larger camera for videoing.

"Fuck I actually cannot wait any longer," Luke said as he led me to the archway, tossing the cream picnic blanket aside.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a laugh, but he shut me up with a kiss, before talking again.

"Alright so, you know how much I love you yeah?" Luke asked and I nodded, not really sure where this was going.

"You know that I would do absolutely anything for you Belle?" he asked and I nodded, my heart slightly sinking at his words, as I think I knew where this was going.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked quietly, Luke looking extremely alarmed at my words.

"Wait what? No fucking way, quite the opposite actually," Luke said with a grin, as he bent down on one knee, pulling a small blue box out of his suit jacket.

"Holy shit," I gasped, my hands covering my mouth in awe of what was actually happening.

"Arabella, you are the most kind and gorgeous humans I know. I am so blessed to have you in my life, and I know that this is forever," he said as he ran his hands through his hair. "Sorry I'm just really nervous."

"You have no need to be nervous Luke," I said with a soft smile, before he took a deep breath, the worry etched in his face going away.

"You are the absolute love of my life, and nothing is ever going to change that. I cannot wait to build a family and a life with you, whether that be in France, Australia or America, I do not care, all I know is that I want to be with you forever," Luke said with a huge grin as I started to smile even more.

"So, Arabella Charlotte Cara Bourbon, will you please marry me?" Luke asked as he took my hand and I began to cry, nodding profusely, as there was nothing I wanted more.

"Yes yes yes yes yes," I said as he slid the silver ring onto my finger. Honestly, Luke could have proposed in my bedroom with a liquorice ring and I would have said yes. The love that I have for him outweighs anything else.

"Oh good," he said as he stood up to kiss me, the cameras around us going off as he dipped my slightly and I wrapped my arms around his boulders as he held my waist, a giggle escaping my lips.

"I love you so much," I said as I admired the ring, which he did a spectacular job on. It was a thin silver band, with a single square white diamond, which was my dream ring.

"I love you more," he said sincerely as all the cameras disappeared and he took my hand, leading me to the table with our food on it.

"God I can't believe we are getting married!" I exclaimed as Luke popped the vintage Dom that was sitting on our table, pouring us both a glass to drink.

"Me neither," he said with a grin, as we clinked our glasses together, my whole body tingling with happiness. "I'm already sure you have a date chosen, so let me know so I can get our wedding planner to send out save the dates soon."

"You already have a wedding planner?" I asked in awe. "And the date I have in mind is August the 1st."

"Yeah, she helped me plan the proposal, her name is Kerry," Luke said as I took my first bite of the spaghetti in front of me, my mouth slightly watering from how good it tasted.

"God, I am so excited to get married," I giggled like a child before taking a sip of my drink, earning a smile from Luke, who looked as handsome as ever.

"If someone told me five years that I would be engaged to the princess of France, I probably would have laughed and just rolled my eyes at them."

"I guess we have Milla and Calum to thank for this," I said grinning, remembering the night we all met.

"God that was probably the best night of my life," Luke said with a shy smile.

"Why?" I asked as I took his hand in mine, never wanting to let go.

"Because I met you," Luke said. "And I honestly knew from that moment forward that you were it for me."

——————————————————————

They are ENGAGED

THANK you for being so patient Uni is destroying me and so is work and basically I don't sleep anymore

Kiss Me: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sqfRCPLOEcA

so only two more chapters and I'm sad coz I love this book

Thank you for reading xxxx