Versailles

24th of July 2018

"So Milla, your friends they are from Switzerland yes?" my mother asked as we ate our breakfast in the ground floor dining room.

"Yes Aunty Alice, they are," Milla said perfectly poised, knowing that she was about to get caught out.

"Hmm, then tell me why did they have American accent's," she said and my brother and I almost choked on our tea, whilst Madeline and my father sat there, avoiding all eye contact with anybody.

"Now that, I cannot explain," Milla said, and my mother's eyes immediately darted towards me.

"Arabella, can you explain?" she asked, and I avoided all eye contact with her, knowing that I am a terrible liar. I shook my head and my mother sighed, which meant she was either frustrated or angry. Probably both actually.

"Arabella Charlotte Katherine Bourbon, look at me when I am talking to you," she said and my head snapped up straight away, which earned a snigger from Enzo, but he fell dead silent when he noticed my father's glare fall to him.

"Yes, mother?"

"Where are these boys actually from?" she asked, and I could feel Milla's dark brown eyes on me, pleading me not to rat us out.

"Um," is all that escaped my mouth.

"Um, what?" she asked mimicking me.

"Well they are in a band, 5 Seconds of Summer and they are from Australia," I finally blurted out, a look of triumph on my mum's face, and a look of disappointment etched across Milla's.

"Why did you lie Milla?" my father asked, taking over the integration from my mother, who was leaning back in her chair, looking completely satisfied with herself and the work she had done.

"Because you would have never let them visit us here if I didn't," Milla said and I nodded in agreement.

"You don't know that," my dad said softly and I shook my head as Enzo interjected on the conversation.

"Yes they do father," Enzo said and I bowed my head and smirked. Despite the significant age gap between my brother and I, we are extremely close as we grow up in a home full of strangers, so we had to stick together. As soon as Enzo said that, the extremely loud doorbell rang and my mother raised her eyebrows at Milla and me, and Milla smirked as she stood up from the table.

"And oh, by the way, Luke and Calum are spending the day here," she said walking towards the door, leaving my mother gobsmacked and my father, Enzo, Madeline and myself laughing to ourselves, which my mother did not find funny.

"Excuse me," she said as I stood up to follow Milla to the door.

"Thank you for breakfast Charles," I called to the kitchen, earning a stare from my mother who was clearly not happy. I grinned and walked out to the foyer, where Luke and Calum were standing, this time not in suits but rather chino's and a dress shirt. I smiled at Luke once he had seen me, which he returned.

"Arabella," he said acknowledging me.

"Luke."

"Milla," Calum said with a smirk, earning an eye roll from both Luke and me.

"Calum," Milla said with a grin and I laughed slightly at the stupid sense of humour that was being displayed by the four of us.