Drunk in Love

21st of July 2019

"Hey hey hey, slow down Arabella," Luke said taking the champagne glass out of my hand, earning a pout from me as he handed me a glass of water.

"You suck," I said with a laugh, but I drank the water anyway, knowing my mother and father would disown me if they saw how drunk I was right now. We were currently in the midsts of another celebration ball, but luckily for me, this one was a bit more relaxed than the others, which meant no formal appearances from myself tonight.

"I would rather you be alive in the morning," Luke said with a laugh, adjusting his blue bow tie as we made our way over to the table that everyone was sitting at. My dress for the evening was quite similar to the one that Luke had made for my birthday, however, this one had a more textured fabric whereas the one I wore for my birthday was more smooth and plain. There are only so many white dresses you can wear before they start all blending into one.

"Milla, put your flask away, my dad is walking over to us," I said as we sat down, Milla quickly putting her small gold flask back into her bag. There was an endless supply of wine and champagne at these events, but sometimes that is not enough to get you through the night.

"Hello father," I said with a smile, getting up to give him a quick hug, before sitting back down next to Luke and Victoria.

"Hello Arabella," he said with a smile before everyone else in the table greeted him. "I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for attending this balls over the last couple of weeks, and Milla?"

"Yes, Uncle Louis?"

"If you want Vodka, all you have to do is go down to the kitchen," he said with a smirk, before walking off to join my mother, leaving all of us, apart from Milla, in convulsions.

"That was so embarrassing," Milla mumbled, her cheeks now so red, that not even the makeup could hide it.

"The fuck you mean that was embarrassing," Calum said laughing. "That was bloody hilarious!"

"Yeah for you! Not for me!" Milla squealed as we all continued to laugh. For the King of France, my father is one relaxed man for most of the time.

We eventually all calmed down, as I quickly made my way back to the bar, sculling one glass of champagne and bringing another one back to the table, earning a few looks from everyone at the table.

"You need to slow down," Micheal said with a laugh and I just grinned at him as I sat back down next to Luke, who was just shaking his head at me.

"I'm not the only one who needs alcohol to get through these events," I said with a smile. "I started sneaking in flasks to balls at the age of fifteen," I laughed.

"Me too," Victoria and Milla said in unison. Since before we could walk and talk, Milla, Victoria and I had been attending royal dinners and balls like our lives depended on it. Before we met Luke, Ashton, Calum and Michael though, they were nowhere near as much fun as they are now, since we spent most of our time dancing with random boys from around the world or sitting at our tables, waiting to go back to our rooms.

"Surely you guys love all this stuff though," Clara said gesturing to our dresses and the ballroom, and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"It gets tiresome after a while," I said with a sigh, suddenly feeling very sober. "Don't get me wrong, I love being able to dress up and get my makeup done, but the formalities and the exclusiveness of the whole ordeal is getting kind of old and repetitive."

"I had no idea you felt that way," Luke said with a sad smile, which I returned with a happy one.

"I love my life and my family, but some days I would do anything just to be able to go out and do something normal for the day."

The conversation became silent, as I do not think the boys knew about my desire to be a normal girl sometimes. All I want is to be able to get an apartment just outside of Paris and study architecture, but I know I am blessed with the life I live and I should not complain, because to some people I have everything.

The ball eventually died off, meaning that we were able to leave. James was dancing with the American ambassador's daughter when Luke and I left together, giving me a longing look as Luke took my hand in his, as I giggled like a teenager in love as we walked back to my bedroom.

"Turn around for me," Luke said as we walked down my hallway towards my bedroom, and as I did, he snapped a picture of me smiling at him.

"What are you going to do with that?" I asked quietly as we walked back into my bedroom, Luke licking the doors behind us. His bow tie was now loose, and my shoes were already off my feet as he walked towards me, a shy grin on his face.

"I guess we will see," he said before his lips came crashing down on mine. The kiss was heated but controlled, everything it always is. Luke carefully removed his suit jacket, throwing it onto my carpeted floor before his hands ran down my bare arms, making their way to my hips and pulling me closer, earning a slight giggle from me when he did.

I clumsily fumbled with his shirt, my nimble fingers undoing the clear buttons as Luke's hands made their way to the zip on the back of my dress, allowing me to shimmy out of it quickly, before he picked me up, allowing me to wrap my legs around Luke as he carried me over to my bed, our lips not detaching from each other.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked, as Luke carefully placed me down onto my bed, my body suddenly becoming engulfed by my quilt cover, Luke quickly taking off his pants before gently climbing beside me, a huge smile on his face.

"Belle, this is not our first time together," he said with a grin and a small life, my cheeks blushing red at his words because even though that was true, it still felt like the first time.

"I know, but I want you to want this Luke."

"You know I want this Belle," Luke said with a sincere smile, now playing gently with my hair. "I have never wanted anything more than I want you."

It was safe to say, Luke and I definitely wanted to be with each other. It was like I was a house on fire and he was my water, I needed him so badly. I did not realise how much I had missed and craved his touch until I actually had it.

"God you are so beautiful Belle," he said after I had thrown on his white shirt, feeling more happy wearing it rather than a beautiful ballgown.

"I love you, Luke," I said with a slight yawn as I rested my head on his chest, looking up to admire his beautiful curls. "So much."

"I love you more gorgeous."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

uhhhh HOW is this story number 1 in the 5sos tag ?!!!!! i freaking love all of you who read, comment and vote on this story <3333

also thanks for 4k reads <3

Drunk In Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZAtlWH1mI

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached

Thank you all for reading xxxx