Off To The Races

26th of November 2018

"I actually cannot believe this is something that your family does," Luke said with a laugh, putting on his light blue shirt, unfortunately covering up his abs.

"Believe it or not, this happens once a year," I said with a laugh, doing up my black heels, and applying my red lipstick to compliment my black dress. Once a year, my family hosts a charity Polo event, with all proceeds going to the foundation of our choice. This year, it was my turn to chose and I chose the Red Cross Foundation

"It is really her mum's idea," Milla said lying across my bed in her red dress, whilst Calum was sitting on my couch, scrolling through his phone. Michael and Clara were arriving later, whilst Victoria and Ashton had already made their way down, wanting to have a look at the grounds before it was full of unfamiliar people.

"Yeah, my Mum is a bit strange like that," as Luke put on his navy blue blazer, and then we were all ready to go. For November, it was still relatively warm, so I could just get away with wearing dresses outside, as it had not started to snow or rain yet.

"Hey, guess what?" Luke said as we linked hands, walking down the staircase with Milla and Calum trailing behind us.

"What?" I asked with a laugh, not knowing where he was going with this.

"You look absolutely stunning," he said as we finally made it to the ground floor, as the guards opened the doors for us and we walked outside, the chilly yet still air of the day meeting us.

"Thank you, darling," I said kissing his cheek softly, being extremely careful not to leave any lipstick stains.

"What about me?" Luke asked with a grin, letting go of my hand and running in front of me, "Do I look absolutely stunning?" he asked with a grin, doing a small spin on the gravel path which was leading us to the grass arena where today's event would be held.

"As always," I said with a smile. Luke grinned as he slowed down and waited for me, Milla and Calum catching up to us as we made our way to where the polo was being held, spotting Ashton and Victoria at one of the bar tables, Ashton with a beer in hand, whilst Victoria was drinking a lemon, lime and bitters.

"Oh, hey guys," Ashton said with a smile, as I noticed Luke staring around in awe at all the people and horses that were surrounding us. I know that he is a musician and I am a princess but in terms of glamour, our lives really are not that different.

"Good morning," Calum said, taking a seat at the bar table, along with Luke, whilst Milla and I went to the bar to get ourselves some drinks, on the way encountering a very drunk James. He was chatting up one of the bartenders, making me cringe at his lame attempts to try and get the brown haired girl to go on a date with him.

"Hello, can I please have two glasses of Moet and two 3 Monts Flanders Golden Ale?" I asked the bartender who was standing next to the girl that James was hitting on. He nodded and suddenly James turned his attention to me.

"Oh look who it is," James scoffed, clutching onto his glass of beer, his eyes giving away that he was visibly drunk, as they were glassy and lazy.

"James you are very drunk," I said as Milla thanked the bartender for our drinks and signalled that she was ready to go with her eyes.

"Stating the bloody obvious Bella," James said rolling his eyes and I just sighed as Milla and I began to walk away.

"Bye James," I said with a smirk as we walked off. I honestly do not understand him, how does he think he is going to ever win me over when I clearly like Luke, and would never end up with someone like James ever.

"Are you okay?" Milla asked me as we neared the boys and I nodded, giving her a genuine smile.

"He is such a dickhead," I scoffed, and Milla laughed in agreement with me.

"Trust me, everybody knows," she said as we sat back down, Luke snaking his arm around my waist with a smile on his face. I mean, how could James possibly expect me to fall for him, when I already have something so good.

"C'mon, the match is about to start," Michael said out of nowhere.

"When the hell did you get here?" Luke asked as we all stood up, Clara letting out a laugh at Luke's words.

"Michael and I have never been ones to arrive places on time," Clara said with a grin as we all walked over to the arena where the Polo match was about to start, silently praying that I would not have to see James for the rest of the day.

8 pm

"Oh well, look who it is," James said, glaring at Luke and me, as we were sitting down at a table together, both of us drunk, but we were both at a good level.

"What do you want James?" I sighed, as he pulled up a chair at the table with us.

"Oh, you know what I want Arabella."

"Stop being so dramatic," I scoffed, as Luke placed a hand on my thigh, gently squeezing it to let me know that I have his support.

"James, just leave us alone please," Luke said calmly, which seemed to anger James for some reason.

"How about no."

"Excuse me?" Luke asked, his muscles in his neck tensing, which I would usually find attractive but right now they were anything but. He looked angry, and so did James.

"How come you just get to waltz into her life and get her, when Bella and I are clearly made for each other!" James exclaimed, taking a breath like he was ready to continue talking.

"Pardon me? How are we made for each other James, we are nothing alike!" I said, the effects of the alcohol quickly wearing away in my sudden outburst.

"You are a Princess and I am a Prince, need I say more?" James questioned, with a horrible smirk on his face that made me want to punch him right then and there, but I could not, and neither could Luke.

"That is just ridiculous," I scoffed, Luke still not saying anything as James and I continued to go at it.

"Well it isn't," James said, his words laced with hatred and venom, "I mean, look at you and look at him," James said gesturing towards Luke with his hand, as to say 'look at this scum.'

"Luke is twice the man than you are James," I said standing up, causing both Luke and James to do the same. Luke had now interlocked our fingers together, to stop me from doing something that could get me in trouble.

"Face the facts, you two will never work. You are a Princess who is barley allowed to leave the palace. He is a muscian, who will eventually need to go back on tour, and then what?" James questioned, his green eyes piercing into Luke's gorgeous blue ones.

"And you James, are a scumbag piece of shit, who does not deserve an inch of Arabella, you never have and never will. So, why don't you just fuck off," Luke said with a glare, as he pulled me away from James, as I tried to suppress my laughter.

"That's my boy."

--------------------------------

hey !!! how is everybody ?? thank u for 400+ reads lol xxx

get ready for some phatttt drama and beef next chapter :OOO

Off To The Races: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H53q4K3D9V0

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached :)

Please vote and comment xx

Thanks for reading <3