Jealous

20th of November 2018

"So, can I please go?" I begged my father. It was the night of Michael's birthday, and I got lucky with the fact that my mother was not in town this weekend, otherwise, it would have been a firm no.

"Will Victoria and Milla be there?" my father asked and I nodded, with a pleading smile on my face. Thank god Victoria was here, otherwise, my father would have never even considered it.

"Yes."

"Okay Arabella you may go, but you must dress modestly and you must behave yourself, otherwise you won't be allowed out again," my father said with a stern look on his face, his hands resting on his mahogany desk in his dark green office.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed with a smile, speedwalking out of his room and heading back upstairs to my room, almost running into James on the way.

"Oh, sorry James," I said, avoiding eye contact with the blonde British boy.

"Why are you in such a rush?" he asked with a laugh, making a feeble attempt to engage in conversation with me. We have not properly spoken since he told my parents that Luke and I are dating, except for the occasional 'good morning' and 'goodnight.'

"Oh, I have somewhere to be soon," I said checking the time on my watch, which read 5:30 pm.

"Where?" he asked, leaning against the gold railing that lined the marble stairs. He was wearing a grey jumper, with tan chinos, a standard James outfit.

"I am going out," I simply said, wanting this conversation to end without me coming off as rude, as I have done so many times. I know that I shouldn't be rude to James, but I just can't help it. He was extremely pushy when he was trying to make a move on me, which I did not like. Luke, however, took his time and didn't force anything between us, which I liked, as it felt more natural.

"Where to?" James asked and I had to hold back a sigh as I was not in the mood to talk to him, but when was I ever?

"It is Michael's birthday, and we are going out," I said taking a couple of steps up the staircase, only for James to follow me, aggravating me even more.

"Are Victoria and Milla going too?" he asked, with an inquisitive look on his face as I continued to walk up the stairs to the fifth floor.

"Well duh James," I scoffed, walking into my wardrobe room, trying to find something to wear tonight that was appropriate. I ended up settling on a white dress with nude heels, not wanting to step out of my comfort zone, otherwise, my father would ask me why I am wearing something that is not white or decent.

"Sorry, I was just wondering.'

"Well why?" I asked, getting quite annoyed that he would not leave me alone. James was like a lost puppy dog, following me around like he had nothing else better to do, which was probably true because there is only so much you can do in a day here.

"Because I'm interested in your life," James scoffed, his sea-green eyes begging me to have s conversation with him.

"Well, don't be."

"Why are you so rude to me Bella?" James scoffed and I just rolled my eyes as I walked out of the room, James following me back to my bedroom, clearly still wanting answers as to why I was not the biggest fan of him.

"Well let's see James," I said, taking off my socks, "You walked into my life and just automatically assumed that I would fall in love with you, and you have been trying to ruin my relationship with Luke ever since!"

"Has it ever occurred to you that maybe I am jealous? That maybe I didn't want to fall for you and be like this? I can't help it, Arabella!" James exclaimed, sounding exasperated and heartbroken at the same time. I had no words to respond to that outburst, so I stormed into my bathroom and shut the door, taking off my clothes for the day and putting on the white, lace dress that I was wearing for the night. I was praying that James would have left by the time I had finished my hair and makeup in the bathroom, but my prayers were not answered as he was still leaning against the wall in my bedroom.

"Why are you still here?" I asked, putting on my shoes for the night, trying to avoid eye contact with him. I heard him sigh, a sound that is becoming all too familiar when I am talking to James, and I am beginning to hate it.

"Because I literally just confessed that I love you and you just walked away," James said in a condescending tone as I put on my rings and sat back down on my bed, having no idea how to reply to his confession. I knew that he liked me, I mean everybody knew that, but I did not know how strong his feelings were for me.

"Yeah, well, I don't know what to say," I said, once again, avoiding eye contact with him once again. James sighed, once again.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't storm off and say something instead!" James yelled and I just rolled my eyes, grabbing my phone and clutch for the evening, and walking straight out of my room.

"What the fuck Bella?" James questioned as I walked straight across the hall to Milla's room to let her know that we are going.

"Milla, we are going," I said, trying to ignore James breathing down my back. Milla nodded and said that she would go and tell Victoria that it was time to go. I thanked her and turned around to see that James was still standing there.

"I'm leaving," I simply stated, walking right away from him, his hands outstretched, letting me know that he was dumbfounded about the way that I was acting right now.

11:30 pm

"And THEN he said he loves me," I said, holding my vodka lemonade in my hand. All eight of us were in some random club that Michael had decided he wanted to spend his birthday this year. Luke and I were sitting at one of the booths, both of us very drunk and me, rambling on about James and his declaration of love today.

"Wait, what the hell?" Luke questioned, his hand resting on my leg, making me feel comfortable and relaxed.

"I know, it is ridiculous and I hate it," I scoffed, finishing my drink, and picking up the second one that I had ordered and bought over to the booth with me.

"I understand his feelings though."

"Uh, why?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at him, not understanding why anybody would want to sympathise with him.

"Because I would be pretty jealous too if you were with someone else," Luke said with a smirk and making me giggle.

"Cute," I said with a smile, "Anyways, we don't need to worry about James, he will be gone before we know it," I said carefully, trying not to slur my words.

"God, I really hope so," Luke said, pulling me in for a kiss.

Well, I hoped James was going to leave soon.

-------------------------------

ooft hey everybody how are we all?!!

thank u for almost 400 reads !! i know that it isn't much but its something lol

Jealous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50VWOBi0VFs

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached !

Please vote n comment xx

thank you for reading <3