Don't

26th of December 2018

"So, why do we have to associate with him?" Luke groaned as we headed downstairs towards the ground floor living room.

"Because my mother is stupid and believes that we should all be friends," I scoffed, holding Luke's hand as we reached the living room, James sitting there with no expression on his face.

"Hi James," I said simply, sitting down next to Luke on the couch opposite him, waiting for everybody else to come down to the living room. Every Boxing Day since I can remember, my mother holds a high tea with everybody who is staying at Versailles. Fortunately, she made an exception for Michael, Ashton and Clara as they are still staying at the Four Seasons in Paris.

"Hello Arabella," he said with a slight smile fiddling with his black shirt, not acknowledging Luke, which was better than him punching him.

"Good afternoon!" Milla exclaimed, walking into the living room with Calum attached to her arm, Victoria walking in behind them with a smile on her face, sporting the new necklace that Ashton had got her for Christmas. Victoria was never one for excessive amounts of jewellery, so the simple Thomas Sabo necklace that Ashton had got her was perfect.

"This is actually like something out of a movie," Calum laughed, referring to how decorated the living room was. Every year my mother chooses a different colour scheme for each room that we spend numerous hours in over Christmas. This year, the living room was decorated in silver and red, with the Christmas tree matching the colour scheme. I always love how beautifully decorated this room is, but I suppose to someone who hasn't lived here for nineteen years, it would be slightly overwhelming and amusing.

"That's my mother for you," Enzo said with a laugh as he walked into the living room with Madeline, a smile on both their faces. Ashton, Michael and Clara arrived at the same time as my family and Luke's family. My mother announced that the high tea would now begin, which allowed me to make myself my first cup of tea for the day.

"How many cups of tea do you drink in a day?" Luke asked before eating a cucumber and chicken sandwich, a satisfied look on his face after doing so.

"I am not sure, maybe like five?"

"I think you have an addiction," Luke said making himself a cup of coffee and I just rolled his eyes at him before he kissed my forehead, taking my hand and walking back to where our friends were.

"Why is James still here?" Ashton questioned, Victoria's hand resting gently on his shoulder, a content smile on her face.

"A question that is asked every day, yet nobody still has the answer," I said with a small laugh, making everybody grin a little bit. Neither my parents nor James have mentioned how long he would be staying for. At first, I thought it would be for a few weeks, and when my parents saw that I wasn't interested in him, they would send him all the way back to London. However, that clearly isn't the case, as it has almost been five months, and he is still here.

"Maybe he thinks you're actually in love with him and just using Luke as a decoy?" Michael suggested, earning concerned looks from everybody.

"Michael I love you, but that has got to be one of the dumbest things that has ever come out of your mouth," Clara said with a laugh, causing all of us to laugh at her words, knowing that she was right.