What Now

25th of January 2019

"Are you coming tonight?" Milla asked walking into my room, fully dressed for Calum's birthday which was happening in the gardens of Versailles, the groundsmen having set up a marquee for the occasion.

"Well considering the party is happening here, I suppose I should," I said with a weak smile and Milla nodded at me.

"I'll see you down there then?" Milla asked with a smile and I nodded as she left me to myself so I could get ready.

My motivation to do anything was at an all-time low. Ever since I fought with Luke at my fathers birthday, I had found myself in a slump. All I did at the moment was either read or work out, and that was about it.

My heart was broken and I could not see it being mended anytime soon. All I wanted to do was be with Luke, but I couldn't, and that was the worst part. It felt like a part of me was missing and my body would never be whole again, but I suppose that I have to move on and learn from this situation.

I spent way too long in the shower, trying to delay my arrival at Calum's party, as I was not in the mood to see Luke at all. I dried my hair and ended up doing a slicked-back look, with my hair down. My make-up was a bit more dramatic than I usually did, with a bold statement eye and a bright red lip. It was different and I liked it. I ended up wearing a long white dress, which was nothing out of the ordinary. I grabbed my phone and purse and headed down to the gardens, where the music was loud and I could almost smell the amount of alcohol that everybody was consuming underneath the marquee.

I entered the marquee, immediately picking up a glass of champagne for me to consume to ease my nerves slightly. I could not spot Luke in the crowd of people, as there had to be at least one hundred and fifty people here for Calum's twenty-third birthday. I spotted Victoria and Ashton by one of the many bar tables placed throughout the party and I made my way over to them since I knew that Milla would be by Calum's side the whole night, and where there was Calum there would be Luke.

"Hey guys," I said with a smile as I sat down on one of the bar stools, both of them shooting me a smile.

"Hey, how are you?" Ashton asked with a smile, his hand resting gently on Victoria's thigh.

"I am okay, how are you two?" I asked with a small smile.

"Good thanks," Ashton and Victoria said in unison, which made us laugh slightly.

"Is Luke here?" I asked timidly, already knowing the answer to my question but I just wanted confirmation.

"Yeah, he is wearing a grey suit if you want to look out for him," Ashton said with a sympathetic smile and I thanked him with a smile before walking off to find Calum to wish him a happy birthday.

Walking through the party made me feel alone in my own home. Everybody was laughing and having a good time with their friends, yet I felt so alone. I didn't want to intrude on Ashton and Victoria who were still establishing their relationship. Calum and Milla were technically the hosts of the party and I was not in the mood to third wheel with them all night. As for Michael and Clara, they were with friends that I did not know, and I sure as hell was not about to find Luke and try to make amends with him tonight.

"Hey, are you okay?" James asked me out of nowhere. He was wearing a navy blue suit with a white shirt and red tie. He looked good, but he would never be my Luke.

"I guess so," I said picking up a glass of red wine and James just rolled his eyes at me, obviously knowing that I was lying to him.

"Come on, let's go talk about it," he said gesturing to the doorway and I nodded, following him outside as he handed me his jacket to keep me warm.

"Thank you," I mumbled as we sat down at one of the benches outside the marquee, the music becoming almost too loud for my liking.

"What's up Bella?" James asked without any hesitation and I sighed, not wanting to spill my feelings to James at all.

"It's Luke," I said simply, almost crying at the simple mention of his name.

"You need to move on Bella," James began. "I know you don't want to but he is hurting you and it's not good for you, and nobody, including me, likes seeing you like this."

"I know I need to move on but I can't, I'm in love with him and I don't see that changing anytime soon," I sighed, sounding and feeling slightly exhausted.

"Bella he isn't good for you and you know it," James said softly. I know he did not say it to be rude but something inside of me just snapped when he said it.

"How do you know what is good for me and what isn't, you are the reason we broke up in the first place!" I snapped and the tears began to fall and they didn't stop. They didn't stop when James apologised and tried to comfort for me. They didn't stop when he said he was going back inside, and they certainly did not stop when he came back outside with Luke, both of them looking at me like I was some sort of train wreck, which I was.

"I'm going to leave you two to talk," James said with an awkward smile and I sighed as Luke sat down next to me, a beer in one hand and a glass of wine in the other.

"Why are you here?" I asked Luke between years, both of us staring at each other as we had never seen each other before.

"James came and got me and said you were hysterical," he said with a slight laugh. "He wasn't wrong either."

"Oh piss off," I snapped and Luke just laughed at me, taking my glass of wine out of my hand and placing it gently on the grass.

"Sorry Belle, you don't need anything more to drink, to be honest."

"Don't call me that."

"Why not?" Luke asked with a sigh, his eyes resembling mine at the moment. Sad and grey, something which did not suit him.

"I'm not yours anymore," I sobbed, even though I still loved it when he called me Belle.

"I know, but I know you wish you were."

"Well don't you wish the same?" I asked, hoping for a positive answer and I was met with silence. "Well?"

"Yes, but it's not that simple Arabella," Luke sighed, avoiding all eye contact with me.

"Why not? How come it isn't easy Luke, I love you and you love me!" I exclaimed in between sobs.

"Look at what you are wearing Belle," Luke said sadly, leaving me outside to realise that I was wearing James' suit jacket still.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------

lol sorry its been a while work has been owning my life

What Now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-3BI9AspYc

Arabella's dress is the photo attached !!!

thank you for 900+ reads xxx

pls check out my new story called 'Talk Fast.' It's a Luke one (shocking) and its something differnt and I am having fun writing it !!!!