Bleeding Love

31st of December 2018

"What are the odds of you being thrown in the dungeons after tonight?" Milla asked me before we took a shot of vodka each, the liquid burning our throats like it always does.

"I would say pretty high," I said with a grin pouring us both another shot as everyone else joined us on the eighth floor, which has been typically never used. The last time we used it was when Enzo had a party here, resulting in him being grounded for around two months or so.

"Bloody hell, you two need to slow down," Calum said with a laugh and Milla and I just rolled our eyes at him as we both took another shot.

"Nah uh," Milla said as he kissed her on the cheek, as Luke walked over to me, a weak smile on his face. Ever since our fight the other evening, things between Luke and I have been very tense. It is like we are both treading on thin ice around each other, and we do not dare speak to each other unless we must.

"Hey Arabella," he said with a smile, opening a beer for him to drink, his long fingers carefully taking off the lid.

"Hey Luke," I said with a shy smile, the awkward tension between us making us act like strangers, which we were most certainly not.

"How are you?" he said before taking a long sip of his beer, as I poured myself a glass of wine and took a sip as well.

"Alright, you?"

"Yeah alright."

"That's good," I said, not knowing what to say to him right now. Our conversations in the past few days have been so reserved and so timid, it is like we do not even know each other.

"Yes it is," Luke said with one more smile before walking over to where the rest of the boys were, earning a long sigh from me as I went over to turn the music up, as the silence was killing me slowly.

"Are you okay?" Victoria asked me as more people began to arrive, everyone knowing the way to the eighth floor and I shook my head at her question, because it felt like my heart was slowly breaking.

"Luke is being such a dick," I said as we sat down on two chairs in the corner of the room, trying to escape everybody's eyes and ears.

"Is it because what happened the other night?" Victoria asked softly and I nodded. Neither of us have apologised to each other, and by the looks of things, I don't think Luke wants to.

"Pretty much," I sighed and Victoria just rolled her eyes at his stupidity.

"He doesn't understand this shit Bella and maybe he never will," Victoria said, referring to the fact that we have royal duties to oblige to.

"I know Vic, I know," I sighed, watching Luke talk to Calum, an intense darkness consuming his eyes, something that did not suit him.

"He will get over it eventually," Victoria said with a supportive smile and a reassuring squeeze on my arm before going to walk over to Ashton, leaving me to sit by myself. Luke noticed that I was alone and just stared at me before walking outside to the balcony, as I tried to fight back my tears.

"What's up buttercup?" James asked sitting down next to me, as I rolled my eyes not wanting to talk to the cause of all my problems.

"None of your concern," I scoffed, wanting to walk away but realising I could not go and talk to Luke about this.

"Is this about your fight with Luke?" James asked with a sympathetic look on his face, something which looked very unnatural on his face.

"How do you know about this?" I questioned, sounding extremely defensive.

"Chill Belle," James laughed. "I overheard Luke and Calum talking about it."

"Oh."

"He loves you Bella, don't worry about it," James said and I just raised my eyebrows at him as he continued to talk.

"I love you, you know that, but ultimately I just want you to he happy in the end," James said and before I could respond to his confession, Luke was standing in front of me, an angry look on his face.

"Can we talk?" he asked me, his tie loose around his neck, indicating that he had been fiddling with it all evening.

"Sure," I said standing up, leaving James by himself as I followed Luke outside into the cold, snow covering the tree tops and banisters around us. I checked the time on my phone, 11:55 pm meaning the clock would tick over to 2019 soon, my fingers crossed that Luke and I would still be a couple by the time that happened.

"I can't do this anymore Belle," Luke said sadly and it was like my heart had stopped beating and I couldn't breathe anymore.

"Excuse me?" I croaked, feeling the tears forming in my eyes and my throat becoming dry.

"I can't deal with the fact that James will always be in love with you, it's too much for me Arabella and it's hurting me."

"You never had a problem with it before!" I protested, my heart shattering in two. I always thought that Luke and I were going to be forever, but I guess nothing lasts forever.

"Bella he will stop at nothing to get you, can't you see that!"

"I don't want him Luke, I want you," I cried softly, feeling the mascara run down my face, ruining my makeup. At that very moment, the fireworks went off, indicating that it was now 2019 and Luke and I were no longer together.

Everybody around us was either kissing or laughing, yet I was in tears and Luke had no sign of a smile on his face. My heart was broken and Luke did not seem to care one bit.

"It's over Belle, I'm so sorry," Luke said with tears in his eyes and I shook my head, feeling the tears heavily running down my face and not caring who saw.

"If you were sorry you wouldn't be doing this," I sobbed and before Luke had the chance to say anything else, I turned on my heels and walked out of the party, ignoring the concerned stares from my friends, running down the stairs to my room and locking the door.

I don't understand how Luke could do this to me, only days after he told me he loved me. I took off the ring he had given me for Christmas and shoved it in my bedside table, along with the framed photo of us that he had also given me for Christmas too.

I didn't even bother to change out of my dress, I just lay on my bed and cried for what seemed like hours. This was my first real heartbreak and I wasn't sure how to deal with it at all. My whole body was hurting and it was like I couldn't stand to be alive anymore. Luke was my other half and he bought out the best in me, but for someone stupid reason he didn't want to try anymore, and that is what hurt the most.

—————————————-
Hey guys Luke is a PRICK

Bleeding Love: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7_weSk0BonM

Arabellas outfit is the photo attached :)))

Thank you for 800+ reads xxx

Twitter: @lukeomfgggg

Thank you for reading xo