Princess Arabella

22nd of July 2018

Milla and I ended up getting home just after 12 am, much to Alfie's disappointment. We snuck back through our usual way, evading all eyes and ears and running straight back into my bedroom and going straight to bed. Neither of us thought that we would meet Luke or Calum when we left the palace last night, and Milla certainly did not think she would have received Calum's number. 

"Bella," Milla whispered in my ear and I groaned, pulling my pink quilt cover over me and she laughed at me, yanking it away from me. 

"What do you want?" I asked, slowly sitting up and rubbing my blue eyes, trying to wake myself up so I could engage in an actual conversation with my cousin, who was seemingly dressed and ready for the day at 10 am.

"Calum and Luke are coming over," she said, causing me to sit up straight away and she smirked.

"How did you get that past my parents, you know they hate guests," I said with a frown. My mother and father would only let me have friends over from boarding school if I only asked them at least a month in advance, and even then I had to educate them on all the formalities of visiting the Palace of Versailles. 

"Told them that some old friends from boarding school were in Paris and wanted to visit and they happily obliged when I told them that they had visited home in Switzerland," she said with a smirk and I sighed and got out of bed, heading to my bathroom to make myself look presentable for the day. My bathroom was copper and white, as I got to have it changed whenever I liked. I jumped in my shower, not bothering to wash my hair as I did that yesterday. I cleaned my teeth and washed my face, not bothering with any makeup but knowing my mother will ridicule me about that later since we had guests over and we have to make ourselves look presentable. 

I walked into my ridiculous oversized wardrobe that my mother insisted I have in my room and found a long sleeve white dress that I assume would suffice for the day. I found some low nude heels and made my way back to my bedroom, to see that Milla had gone which could only mean one thing. Calum and Luke had arrived downstairs. I sighed and left my bedroom on the fifth floor and made my way down the staircase, to the grand entrance to find Milla and my parents, talking to none other than Calum and Luke in suits standing in the foyer, looking absolutely terrified. 

I smirked as I walked down the final steps, drawing attention from my mother Alice who frowned when she saw my appearance. 

"Why aren't you wearing any makeup Arabella?" she asked, a disapproving look etched upon her pretty face. I look like my mother, but younger and not as beautiful, as I am regularly told in the headlines and tabloids of the world. 

"Because I am lazy," I said standing next to her, Luke's eyes falling on me which I chose to ignore.

"We have guests," she said and I chose to ignore her. 

"I know, I am not blind mother," I said with caused my father to laugh a little bit, earning him a glare from her. My father, Louis, was a lot more lenient than my mother, even though he is the true ruler of France. 

"Cut her some slack Alice." My mother rolled her deep blue eyes and walked away, my father shooting me an apologetic smile and he followed her, clearly having some royal business to attend to.

"Soooo, you guys a royalty hey?" Calum asked, looking around in total awe. 

"Yep," I said with a sigh and Milla punched me in the arm and I shot her a glare.

"Arabella is just annoyed because I woke her up this morning," she said, batting her eyes at Calum who grinned and looked at Luke who hadn't yet said anything. 

"That is so cool," Calum said, but little did he know that  I disliked our titles very much. No going out in public unless we must, no wearing jeans unless we must, never do this, never say that and so on. 

"You could say so," I said, still wondering why Luke had not said a word yet.

"Do you want to give them the tour Bella, or shall I?" Milla asked. Milla has been her so many times, she knows the palace off by heart. 

"Hold on a second, are you guys sisters?" Luke asked, obviously forgetting our conversation from last night when I mentioned that we are cousins. 

"No silly, I am Princess Milla from Switzerland and Arabella is the Princess of France," she said directing us into one of our many living rooms, usually the one where we entertain guests in the morning for tea and coffee. 

"Are any of you heir to your thrones?" Calum asked, jogging forward so he could walk with Milla.

"Milla is, but I have an older brother Enzo who is engaged so I don't ever get the pleasure of being Queen of France," I said in a monotone voice. 

"Woah, so you are going to be the Queen of Switzerland one day?" Luke asked Milla and she nodded.

"Yes, but not for a while," she said as we made our way through the first floor of the house, walking outside o the gardens eventually.

"So, Arabella," Luke said as we were slightly separated from Milla and Calum by distance. 

"So, Luke," I said mimicking him. He had done his hair for the occasion, making him look more mature and poised. His navy suit bought out his crystal blue eyes, and he was clearly freshly shaven as he had no subtle on his face. He also smelt like Chanel Bleu, which is the fragrance my brother Enzo wears. 

"You are a princess hey?"

"I believe we have already established this," I said and he shot me a funny look which I ignored. I had no time for band members and their looks.

"Sorry, it is just we have never had royalty at our shows before."

"Sure you have," I said shrugging my shoulders and he shook his head as we walked through the rose garden, following Milla and Calum who were flirting like their lives depended on it. 

"Not that I am aware of."

"Oh."

"Do you always have to wear dresses?" he asked, clearly wanting to continue this conversation. It isn't that I wanted to, it is just that Milla is playing a very silly game by bringing Luke and Calum here and pretending that they went to school together in Switzerland, and I know my mother picked up on the Australian/American accent, as she was frowning at them the whole time. I didn't want Calum, nor Luke thinking that a good and healthy friendship or even a relationship could be formed out of this. 

"Not all the time, we can wear nice pants or skirts if we want," I said, not understanding why he was so interested in our dress code. He nodded, biting down on his lip where his lip ring used to be.

"Why did you take out your lip ring?" I blurted out, pretty much revealing that I am a long time fan. 

"Ah, I just outgrew it to be honest."

"I liked it, to be honest," I said, and I swear I saw his cheeks go a light shade of pink before he gently shook his head. 

"I like your dress, to be honest," he said with a smirk, making something inside of me feel odd, and slightly confused at his compliment. 

"Thank you, Mr Hemmings," I said playfully, knowing full well that our flirting will end in disaster. 

"You are welcome, Miss-" he began, before realising that he did not know my last name. 

"Bourbon, my last name is Bourbon."

"Well, you are welcome Miss Arabella Bourbon," he said with a smirk. 

-------------------------

lol hey 

why did I think it would be a good idea to write 3 stories at a time lol lolololol 

Arabella's dress is the photo attached

also sorry that the story will be slow at first, just need to establish a plot and characters and blah blah 

vote and comment please 

thanks for reading <3