Fool For You

August 16th 2018

My head was throbbing, and every bone in my body was telling me to throw up, but apparently, the stars were not aligned for that, because my mother was in my room at 9 am telling me that we had a guest that I need to meet.

"Get out of bed child, goodness gracious it's time to get up," she exclaimed, throwing open my curtains which earned a groan from me. She left my room, as I slowly made my way out of bed and brushed my hair, pulling it back into a neat low bun and eventually finding a white dress to wear and I headed downstairs. I found Milla chatting to an unfamiliar boy in our living room and my parents listening in to the conversation.

"Ah here she is!" my father exclaimed as I sat down in the white armchair that was in the middle of the two couches.

"Arabella, this is James Windsor, the Prince of England," my mother said with a smile and I nodded, giving him a friendly smile, very aware of what my mother was trying to pull here.

"Hi James," I said.

"Good morning Arabella," he said with a pleasant smile, highlighting his facial features and blue eyes. He had messy blonde hair, with a very chiselled jawline and defined facial features. He reminded me of someone who should be out surfing, not the prince of England. I gave him a slight smile as I stood up to leave and go and make myself some breakfast, James following me like a lost puppy.

"Can I help you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as I walked into the kitchen, trying to find some bread so I could make myself some toast.

"Your parents said that you would show me around," he said, pouring himself a glass of water as I made myself my toast and cup of tea.

"Show you around where?" I asked, buttering my toast and sitting down at the marble bench in the middle of the kitchen.

"Around here, show me to my room and stuff," James said, sitting opposite me. He was wearing a light pink shirt, with tan chinos, reminding me of the boys that I used to go to boarding school with.

"Did either of my parents tell you what floor you are staying on?" I asked and he nodded.

"The first floor," he said and I nodded, almost letting out a sigh of relief as I thought he would be getting Milla's room, and I did not want that at all.

"Okay, I will take you to your room in a minute," I said not really interested in a conversation with him, because I knew the only reason he was here was because of my mother. She was most definitely trying to set me up with him, as she is probably aware of my feelings for Luke, and does not want me dating someone who is not royalty.

"Thank you, Arabella," James said with a genuine smile, as I finished my breakfast and gestured for him to come and get his bags with me, whilst I showed him to his room.

"What room would you like?" I asked, gesturing to the numerous empty bedrooms that we have on the first floor.

"I do not mind, you can pick." I shrugged my shoulders, as I lead us down the hallway and showed him to his spare room, which was cosy and roomy enough for him I assumed.

"How long are you planning on staying here?" I asked, placing his bags down on the dark red quilt cover.

"I don't know, Alice never told me when I was leaving," James said, as he begun to hang up his shirts. I sighed quietly, hoping that he did not hear me. In any other circumstance, I would be absolutely ecstatic that a boy as gorgeous as James was staying in the palace, but I like Luke and that's that.