Perfect

18th of July 2019

"Are you really wearing that Arabella?" my mother asked me as she walked into my room, a disapproving look etched on her beautiful face.

"I don't see anything wrong with it," I said as I put on some nude heels, ignoring the stare that my mother was giving me right now.

"Your whole back is exposed!" she protested and I just rolled my eyes at her. It was her birthday tonight, meaning another royal ball which I did not want to attend.

"Why are you really in here?" I questioned, attaching my favourite pearl earrings to my ears. I knew Luke was waiting for me in Milla's room with everybody else, but my mother seemed determined to chat to me before we parted ways for the evening. 

"I want to talk to you about James," she said and I sighed, not wanting to have this conversation with her. Her blonde hair was styled into a neat bun, and her makeup was professionally done as always. She was wearing a red ballgown, with long sleeves and a full skirt, and I had to admit that she did look beautiful. She always does.

"What about him?" I questioned, before putting on nude lipstick and turning around to face her, as she was now sitting on the edge of my bed, smoothing out her dress gently.

"I want you to make some more effort with him, now that you are no longer in a relationship with Luke Hemmings."

"Mother, I have never liked James, nor will I," I said picking up my phone and clutch. "It is never going to happen, so please just accept it. I will see you at the party," I said as I opened up my doors and walked to Milla's room across the hall, leaving my mother in my bedroom, probably questioning her parenting techniques.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked me immediately as I walked into the bedroom, an obvious look of annoyance on my face. 

"My mother just being my mother," I said as we all began to walk out of Milla's room, Lukes' arm resting gently on my waist.

"What is she mad about this time?" Ashton asked with a laugh and we all laughed at his question, knowing that my mother was always mad at me for one reason or another.

"She wants me to try harder with James."

"Well we all know that is not happening," Victoria said with an eye-roll and we all sniggered at her words before we entered the ballroom. It was not a sit-down dinner tonight, but rather just a standard ball, with a little bit extra, because it is my mother of course.

"Your mother looks like she belongs in a Disney fairy tale or something," Calum said as he spotted my mother in her extravagant dress. I rolled my eyes, but it was true, my mother was incredible looking, and everybody knew it.

"Yeah, your mum is hot," Michael said bluntly and Clara slapped his arm gently as I just rolled my eyes, as it was nothing I hadn't heard before. 

"Excuse me," Clara said, her eyebrows raised at her boyfriend. 

"Sorry babe," Michael said kissing her forehead. "You know that I think you are the hottest person ever."

"Good," Clara said with a smug look on her face and I giggled slightly before picking up a glass of champagne, and going over to talk to some family members that I had not seen in a while. 

To be honest, I was completely and utterly exhausted. Sure, being able to dress up and party every night is fun, but the toll that it is taking on me is almost becoming too much. The pressure from my parents, especially my mother, was almost becoming too much and all I wanted to do was spend a week in bed and take a break from it all.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke asked me, as he came and leant against the wall with me, away from the crowded centre of the room, a smile on his face as he looked at me. 

"How much I want to go to sleep," I said with a laugh, Luke letting out a hearty laugh, something that I will never get tired of hearing.

"We don't have to do anything tomorrow if you don't want to."

"What is tomorrow?" I asked, completely clueless about what day tomorrow is.

"Are you serious?" Luke laughed and I nodded at him. "It is your birthday, Belle."

"Oh, right yes it is," I said with a laugh, having spaced on the fact that I turn twenty tomorrow.

"We can just hang out in your room all day if you would like?" Luke suggested and I shook my head at him.

"No no, if you have something planned I want to do that with you," I said as the instrumental version of 'Beside You' came on, earning a smile from Luke as I offered him my hand to dance with him. He took it, of course, and I led him to the ballroom floor, as he quickly bowed to me as I curtsied to him and he took my waist as I placed my arms loosely around his shoulders and we began to waltz slowly, my eyes scanning the room to see who was watching us, and it seemed like nobody was paying attention to both of us slow dancing on the floor.

"Have I told you how stunning you look tonight?" Luke said with a soft smile on my face and I blushed slightly at his words, which still had the same effect on me now as they did when we first met.

"Yes, several times I believe," I said with a giggle.

"Well I am going to say it again because it's true," I said, not taking his eyes off me the whole time he spoke. "Your mother is ignorant and has no idea what she is talking about when she ridicules you. You are THE most gorgeous girl I know, inside and out, and nothing is going to change that. You are so perfect Arabella, and everybody in your life knows that."

"Stop Luke, you are going to make me cry," I said softly, my heart so full and warm due to the blonde Australian boy who was currently holding me.

"Happy tears I hope," he said with a smile, kissing the top of my head.

"Of course Luke."

"Good, because you deserve to know how loved you are, and how grateful everybody is to have you in their lives."

"You truly are something else Luke, I am so lucky."

As the song ended, Luke kissed my cheek and took my hand as we both went to get a glass of wine, before crowding around the table where my mother was with her seven-tier white chocolate and raspberry birthday cake, the cake looking almost as extravagant as her.

We sang happy birthday to her, Luke's arm tightly around my waist the whole entire time, including when she made her speech about how proud she was to be able to be the mother to two fantastic children, talking more about Enzo than she spoke about how grateful she was that everybody was here tonight. I tried to pretend that it did not hurt, but it did, and I knew that it was beginning to show.

"Belle?" Luke whispered in my ear after the speech was over, obviously seeing how hurt I was by the whole entire situation.

"Mhmm?"

"You are so incredible, please do not forget that."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeh hate Alice but we love soft and loving Luke

Perfect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vv-BfVoq4g

ALSO THANKS FOR 3K+ reads ??? wtf love u all

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached :)))

twitter: @ lukeomfgggg

please continue to comment and vote !!! thank you for reading xx