It's You

August 18th 2018

My mother was away in Spain for some reason, god knows why, but that means that this is the perfect day for me to meet Luke outside the palace for the second time.

"Hey, Dad?" I asked, stepping into his second-floor office. He looked to be in a good mood, so I decided to seize the moment and take my chances.

"Yes Bella?" he said with a smile, which confirmed that he was in a good mood.

"Would I be able to go out today, I will be with Luke the whole time," I said, giving him a polite smile.

"Yes you can go out, just please be safe, and get Alfred to drive you and pick you up." I internally squealed and thanked him before leaving his office and calling Luke.

"Hey Bella," he said over the phone.

"Hello, guess what?"

"What?" he asked with a laugh.

"I am allowed to come out!" I exclaimed, almost jumping up and down on the spot with joy.

"Oh my goodness, what time?" Luke asked, and I could almost see the smile on his face.

"What time works for you?" I asked, walking back upstairs to my bedroom. Milla was out for the day, whilst Enzo and Madeline were with James for the day doing something I did not care about.

"We could do dinner or something like that?" Luke asked as I sat down on my bed, looking at the time on my clock. 4:30 pm.

"I would love to do dinner, what time should I meet you?"

"Can you come now?" Luke asked, sounding like a giddy teenager.

"Luke, it is four thirty."

"And?" Luke said in a questioning tone, "I would like to spend time with you," he said, making my cheeks burn and a smile appear on my face.

"Okay, I will leave now then," I said jumping up and holding the phone to my ear whilst I put on my shoes.

"See you soon Belle," Luke said and I grinned as I left my bedroom.

"Bye Luke," I said walking downstairs, trying to locate Alfie, who was drinking a cup of tea in the kitchen.

"Good afternoon Arabella," he said, giving me a smile which I returned.

"Hey Alfie," I said with my usual grin, "Can you please take me to the Four Seasons?" I asked and he nodded, finishing the rest of his tea, and I followed him out to the garage where we climbed into the BMW CX5, and drove away from Versailles. 

"Who are you meeting?" Alfie asked as we neared the centre of Paris. My head was leaning against the car window, looking at the sky, as it looked like the heavens were about to open and saturate the city, which was odd for August.

"Oh, Luke Hemmings," I said trying to hide my smile.

"Is that the boy from the band you like?" Alfie asked and I nodded. Alfie somehow knows everything, and I can't quite figure out if it is a curse or a blessing.

"It sure is," I said, as he continued to drive through the streets of Paris, people everywhere, laughing and exploring what the city has to offer. As much as being a Princess sometimes burdens me, I am very lucky to be the Princess of such an incredible country.

"Be safe, and please call me when you would like to be picked up," Alfred said as we pulled up in front of the hotel. I nodded and thanked him as I got out of the car, and made my way upstairs to Luke's hotel room, knocking on the door. I heard a shuffle, along with some footsteps and then the door finally opened, to reveal Luke with a huge grin on his face.