Valentine

14th of January 2019

"Happy valentines day," James said to me as we ate breakfast together in the kitchen, as nobody else was awake yet.

"Oh, I forgot about that," I laughed slightly. "Thanks."

"Who is your Valentine this year?" James asked as I stuffed half a piece of toast in my mouth.

"No one," I laughed after I had swallowed my piece of toast.

"Not even Luke?" James questioned and I shook my head. The ice has slowly started to melt between Luke and me after the incident at Calum's party, and we have begun talking more, but I am not sure if we will ever get back to where we used to be.

"No, we still don't talk that much," I said before finishing my cup of tea and standing up to go to my room.

"You look beautiful today," James said with a smile and I just rolled my eyes at him. I was wearing one of my favourite dresses that I owned, a simple strapless white dress, yet it made me feel so gorgeous.

"Thanks, James," I said with a smile, before heading upstairs and back to my bedroom. Milla and Victoria had already left for the day to spend time with Calum and Ashton. My parents were away on business in England, and Enzo and Madeline were in Germany for the week, so it was really just James and myself in the castle today.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as I saw Luke sitting in my room in a suit, red roses in his hand.

"Isn't it Valentines Day?" he asked with an awkward laugh and I nodded as I closed the door behind me.

"How did you get inside?" I asked, still standing by my door.

"Alfie helped me," he said with a smile and I sighed, knowing that Alfie would do anything to keep me happy.

"Why are you here though," I asked with a sigh. "We aren't even together."

"I miss you, Belle," he said with a sad smile. "And what better day than today to start repairing our relationship."

"Oh."

"Unless you don't want to, then I can leave," he said awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

"No no no," I said quickly, walking over to him as he stood up from my bed, a smile appearing on his face. "I just thought you didn't want to be with me anymore," I said, taking in his scent that I was so fond of. His usual fresh scent was now masked by the smell of roses, and it was making my body go crazy.

"I do, I am just an idiot," he laughed and I giggled slightly.

"True," I said with a smirk and Luke rolled his eyes at me as he picked up the roses off the bed.

"These are for you," he said handing them to me and I smiled as he handed me the bouquet of red roses, which was larger than my head.

"Thank you, Luke," I said going to my bathroom quickly to find a spare vase and fill it with water so the roses did not start to wilt. I placed them on my right bedside table

"They look nice," he said with a smile as he sat down on my bed, looking scarily at home in my room.

"So, what are we doing today?" I asked applying a light layer of pink lipstick to my bare lips.

"I am not sure, I didn't think that I would get this far," Luke laughed, causing me to laugh too as I sat down next to him, keeping a considerable amount of distance between us. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt underneath, a light blue tie complementing his eyes.

"Why are you dressed in a suit then?" I asked, slightly confused as to why his attire was so dressy.

"I don't know, you always have a pretty dress or something on, so I wanted to match," Luke said and I felt my cheeks go red slightly. "And you did not disappoint today, I mean, look at you."

One of the things that I loved most about Luke, was his ability to make you feel amazing with a mear matter of words. He never held back on the compliments, and he was always the first person in the morning to tell me I looked beautiful and the last person at night to tell me that he thought I was gorgeous.

"Thanks, Luke."

"SO!" Luke exclaimed slapping his legs and standing up. "What do you want to do today?"

"It's snowing outside, so we should probably stay inside," I said shrugging my shoulders and Luke nodded in agreement.

"Are you allowed in your kitchen?" Luke asked, making me laugh slightly.

"Luke, this is my home, of course, I am allowed in my kitchen," I said with a giggle and I stood up, feeling quite short next to him as I was barefoot at the moment.

"Okay let's go to your kitchen then," Luke said before walking out of my bedroom, as I followed closely behind him. We ended up in my kitchen, making a large pot of hot chocolate and finding multiple cookies and croissants to eat as well.

"Shall we go to my library?" I asked after I had placed everything on a silver tray, Luke taking it from my hands and nodding. We walked to my library in a comfortable silence, Luke placing the tray down on the coffee table in the middle of the room. I poured us both a mug of hot chocolate, which I had made and we made ourselves comfortable on the long dark green couch near the fireplace.

"I love this room," Luke said with a warm smile. My library was probably my favourite room throughout the whole palace. It was my own room, that nobody really ventured into unless they were with me, and I loved the fact that it was mine and nobody else's.

"Me too," I said with a smile, admiring all the books that I had in the large room. Luke got up to start a fire, which warmed the room and added a nice warm glow as well.

We spent the morning, and afternoon drinking obscene amounts of hot chocolate and consuming a lot of chocolate, croissants and cookies. Luke and I had finally started mending our relationship, which we had agreed we were both happy about and we both wanted to be together again, it was just slightly too soon to start dating again. We definitely agreed that we rushed into things too soon, and probably should have waited longer and established our relationship more.

"When is James going home?" Luke asked and I shrugged my shoulders, as I did not have an answer.

"I assume after the three hundred dynasty celebration ."

"When is that?" Luke asked, shuffling slighter closer towards me.

"In July," I said as he linked our hands together, sparks running through my body, and I suddenly felt alive again.

"Isn't that when your birthday is?" Luke asked and I nodded.

"My birthday and my mum's birthday are mixed in with the celebrations," I laughed. "We are having like four balls in total or something ridiculous."

"Can't wait to see you in all the pretty dresses that you will get to wear," he said with a grin and I felt myself blushing, knowing that Luke and I were eventually going to be alright.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

heyyy friends !!!! thanks for 1k reads, u are all the best xxx

Valentine (lol): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njwXRJDNpbQ

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached !! (i actually own that dress and I love it and I want to get married in it)

thanks for reading homies x