Nervous

August 17th 2018

"So, what are you doing today?" Luke asked me, over the phone.

"Not much, think James wants to hang out," I said as I lay across the daybed on my balcony.

"Who is James?" Luke asked, sounding more nervous than anything else.

"Some boy that my parents shipped over here," I laughed and I could almost hear Luke's heart pounding through his chest.

"What for?"

"I think they want us to get married," I said and Luke let out a loud laugh.

"You're joking right?" he laughed and I didn't say anything, so Luke stopped laughing.

"Fuck that, I'm coming over," Luke said, anger laced within his voice and I almost laughed out how protective he was being over me, even though we have not kissed nor are we dating.

"Okay Mr Hemmings, I will see you soon."

"Bye Miss Bourbon," he said and I let out a small smile, ending the phone call and headed back inside, placing my phone on charge and heading downstairs to the ground floor to where James, Milla, Enzo and Madeline were eating lunch in the dining room.

"Charles is making you something now," Enzo said with a smile, as I sat down next to his fiance. Madeline and Enzo are due to be married on the 15th of July next year, which is still a while away, but they didn't want to rush it and they want everything to be perfect.

"Thanks, Charles!" I called out to the kitchen where our main chef was cooking me something that smelled divine.

"You are welcome Arabella!" he called back.

"So, what is everyone doing today?" Madeline asked.

"Luke is coming over," I said casually, ignoring the looks from everyone sitting at the table.

"Who is Luke?" James asked, but everyone ignored his comment as Milla began talking straight away.

"Does that mean Calum is coming too?" Milla asked with a slight smile and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I have no idea, but I would assume so," I said as Charles came out and placed a bowl of pasta in front of me, making my stomach grumble with hunger. I thanked him as he walked away and gave me a smile.

"Hello, can someone answer my question?" James asked, sounding frustrated that we ignored him.

"What question?" Enzo asked with a smirk on his face, clearly knowing exactly what James was talking about.

"Who is Luke, and who is Calum?" James asked, putting a piece of chicken in his mouth as I took the first bite of my pasta.

"Calum is my boyfriend, and Luke is his friend," Milla said and James raised an eyebrow at me, so I shot him a glare.

"Why is Luke coming over though?" James asked, after taking another bite of his food.

"Because Bella loves him," Milla said with a grin and I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her.

"I do not."

"You do too!" she exclaimed and I looked over at James, who had a hurt look on his face, obviously thinking that my mothers ploy to have me marry a prince would work.

"Oh shut up," I said shoving my mouth with pasta, which a familiar frame appeared in the doorway.

"Now that's just rude Belle," Luke said with a grin and I shot him the finger, whilst James just stared at him.