Losing Control

26th of August 2018

"Guys, I did a bad thing," I said, fishtailing my hair for tonight's cocktail party.

"What did you do?" Victoria asked, making the final touches to her make-up for tonight.

"Well, James kissed me-" I began and I heard Victoria gasp, whilst Milla dropped her phone on the floor of my bathroom in shock.

"HE DID WHAT?" Milla yelled and I sighed as I continued to talk.

"And, I kissed him back," I blurted out, trying to avoid eye contact with them as I did not want to see their reactions.

"Oh my god Bella," Milla sighed as I looked up, to see their looks of disappointment on their faces.

"I know, I know, I know," I sighed, finishing my fishtail and applying my nude lipstick for the evening. It was my Uncle Jean's birthday, who is my Dad's youngest brother and currently has no children but is married to an Australian girl named Louise, who is absolutely lovely.

"When are you going to tell Luke?" Victoria asked as we all made our way back to my room, where our dresses where. Victoria's dress was grey mesh, with long sleeves, reminding me of something that Mila Kunis would have worn in the 'Black Swan.' Milla was wearing something very out of her comfort zone, a silk floral, long sleeved, high neck midi dress, which made her body look more insane than it already was. I stuck to my comfort zone, wearing a cream long sleeve dress, all three of our dresses being sent to us by the brand Zimmermann.

"Tonight, after dinner is over," I said as I zipped up my dress and slipped on my standard nude heels, as the other two girls did the same. We left my room and made our way to the ninth floor, where tonight's cocktail party would be held, in a much smaller ballroom than two nights ago.

"Good idea," Milla said quietly, as all four boys plus Clara, who was in a floral off the shoulder dress, appeared in front of us. Luke was wearing a navy blue suit with a black tie, his hair styled neatly and his face looked freshly shaven. How the heck could I have done something so horrible to someone so pure.

"Hey Belle," he said kissing my cheek, and I forced myself to smile, but I don't think Luke noticed, however, James certainly did as he walked past with a smirk and went straight inside.

"Hey Luke," I said with a smile, as all 8 of us walked inside, to where most of my family and close family friends were.

"You look stunning, as per usual," Luke said, as I picked up two glasses of wine, one for the both of us.

"Thanks, darling," I said with a small smile. I spotted my Uncle Jean with his wife, so I went over to them with Luke by my side so I could give him my wishes, as well as introducing Luke to them. I was never really sure what to introduce Luke as, as he certainly is not my boyfriend, so I guess we are in that awkward in-between stage. Jean and Louise were cautious of Luke, so they should be. As prejudiced as this sounds, you have to be careful who you date if you are apart of a royal family.

I could feel James staring at Luke and I throughout the night, waiting to say something about last night, but I prayed for some shred of decency in him to stop that from happening.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked as we sat down to take a break from dancing. All eyes were on Ashton and Victoria, who were slow dancing in the middle of the floor, Ashton towering over the petite girl but he made her somehow appear taller and more confident already.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, trying to convince myself that those words were true. I know that Luke noticed how fidgety and awkward I was being tonight. I did not feel like myself and he could certainly tell.