You Should See Me In A Crown

1st of August 2018

I lay on my bed on the warm August afternoon, when I heard a continuous knocking on my door. I sighed and called out for them to come in.

"Arabella we are having guests for dinner tonight," my father said as I sat up and turned my phone off.

"Who?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Your friends from that band that you like," he said leaning against the door frame and my heart stopped. Whose idea was it to invite those boys over for dinner?!

"Your mother decided it would be a good idea to have a formal dinner with the boys you have been hanging out with so often," my dad said with a smirk before I could ask whose idea it was.

"Dress code?" I asked.

"Cocktail, makeup and heels required." Far out, what is my mother's issue?

"Okay, thanks Dad," I said with a weak smile and he nodded before leaving my room. I made my way to my bathroom, ignoring the continuous buzzing on my phone, which I assume was from either Enzo or Milla. I made my way into my shower, making sure to carefully wash my hair and shave my legs and armpits to perfection. I eventually made my way out of my shower, drying my hair and placing it into a neat ponytail, gently curling it. I stood in front of my mirror, contemplating for a while if doing my makeup was really worth it. I had two choices, every conform to my mother's standards or piss her off, and I wasn't in the mood to fight with her, so I decided to do my makeup.

I carefully did my makeup, making sure I did not make myself look too cakey. Once I was finished, I made my way back to my wardrobe room to find an outfit for dinner, which was now in fifteen minutes. I ended up choosing a white long sleeve dress, that sat around just above mid-thigh, with nude heels to match. Once I was ready, I went and knocked on Milla's door, and she opened it to reveal herself in a tight, red silk maxi dress.

"God, my parents are going to kill you," I laughed as we began to walk down the stairs. Milla rolled her eyes and placed her straight her over her back.

"I know they will, but Calum is going to be here," she said with a grin and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"That is probably the most ridiculous comment to ever come out of your mouth."

"I know, but he said he likes red, and I want him to get a move on with things," Milla said, as we approached the foyer, hearing a group of voices downstairs in the ground floor living room.

"You are hopeless," I said with a laugh, as we walked into the living room to find everybody with a glass of white wine in their hand, and all the 5 seconds of summer boys in suits, much like the first time they came here.

"Took you long enough," Enzo said with a grin, handing me a glass of wine and I rolled my eyes, taking a sip and walking over to Luke, who was wearing a navy blue suit, with a link pink tie.

"What's with the light pink tie?" I asked with a grin as he gave me a swift kiss on the cheek, lingering for just a slight moment. 

"I thought it looked good with white," he said with a smirk and I rolled my eyes.

"How did you know that I would be wearing white?"