If I Ain't Got You

1st of August 2019

"So, why is the ball outside?" Luke asked as he zipped me into my gown, as I pulled my ponytail tighter, thanking Luke has he finished zipping up my dress.

"Who knows, my Mother planned it so I guess she can do what she wants," I said with a shrug and Luke laughed slightly as I did up my heels before applying some light pink lipstick to my lips.

"Do you know that we have known each other for like a whole year now?!" Luke exclaimed as I picked up my phone and clutch, before making sure that Luke's shirt was tucked into his pants properly and that his tie was as straight as could be.

"Really? Sometimes I forget that Milla and I were fan's of the band," I said with a laugh as Luke opened the door for me and I walked through my dress falling heavily on the floor.

"I forget that too, I never really saw you as a fan," Luke said as we walked together down my hallway and down the stairs. "You were always so calm and collected around us."

"Let's not forget that Milla and I are slightly different to your other fans," I said with a grin, referring to the fact that we are both apart of a royal family. Luke nodded as he took my hand in his and we continued to walk, talking about our day until we met up with Ashton and Victoria who were also on their way to the ball.

With the dynasty celebrations comes a minimum of three balls, as a lot of important people must attend at least one. I believe we were on to our fourth, and there was still two more to go. I was absolutely exhausted, but luckily I will not be alive for the next dynasty celebration.

"Hey, is James still around?" Ashton asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah, I think his parents are coming to visit in November," I scoffed and Victoria sighed in frustration, as that meant we had to be kind and warm towards James, something that we did not really want to do.

Don't get me wrong, James was quite lovely throughout the months that Luke and I were not talking, but ultimately I think it was because he just wanted to get in my pants.

"Have you met his parents before?" Luke asked and I shook my head. His parents are the rulers of the United Kingdom, meaning we are very close allies with them, but it is always my parents going to visit them.

"No, my parents said they are both lovely," I said, before adding. "Not sure how they created James then," I said with a slight laugh, as Luke, Ashton and Victoria burst into convulsions, even though I did not think it was that funny really.

We arrived at the ball, the main gardens of Versailles being decked out in fairy lights, along with silver and gold decorations, and I have to admit, my mother did a really good job with this one. There were white marquees everywhere, with a wooden floor underneath of them to stop our heels from sinking into the grass, which was inevitable as every single female in the vicinity was wearing some form of heels.

Gold and silver flutes were filled with champagne, Luke handing me one as we walked over to Calum, Milla, Michael and Clara. His hand was intertwined with mine, and he did not let go of it, not even for a second. 

"Good evening," I said with a smile to everyone.

"How formal of you," Milla said with a giggle. It was her birthday soon, meaning another ball would be held in the castle since she was going to be here to celebrate it.

"Sorry, habit," I said with a smile before taking a sip of my champagne, as everyone began talking about the boy's new album and when it would be released. I listened as the boys talked about the numerous parties and events they would be attending when the album came out, and I felt guilty, knowing that there was little to no chance of me going to support not only Luke but the band as a whole.

I have never made a proper public appearance with Luke before, not even when we were dating. All I wanted was for us to be able to go out together, and attend events together like a normal couple, but my mother is still stuck in a 1500s mindset. 

"Are you okay?" Luke asked as a server came around with caviar dip, Luke politely saying no thank you as I took some for myself.

"Just thinking," I said with a smile, before putting the drip in my mouth.

"About?" Luke asked with an inquisitive smile, tilting his head to the side slightly as he placed a hand on my waist, being careful not to step on my dress.

"You, me, us," I said with a blushing grin and Luke's eyes had an excited glint when I mentioned the concept of us again. Luke took my hand and lead me outside, a smile on his face as we continued to walk past the other marquees and to the empty rose gardens, the only presence being the fairy lights strung around the rose bushes and trees.

"You look so perfect tonight Belle, I cannot think of a better time to do this," he said with a smile, taking my hands in his as he stepped closer to me.

"Are you proposing?" I asked with a giggle and Luke just laughed at me as he shook his head.

"No, that is coming later," he said with a wink, causing me to blush profusely as he continued to talk. "So, I know you love me and I love you even more then I did before if that is even possible. You are the best person in the world, and I would do anything for you, and I know you would do the same for me. So, what I am asking Arabella, is, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Luke asked, and I was so excited I could have almost screamed.

"Yes yes yes!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around Luke as he kissed me, dipping me down slightly as the kiss intensified, and everything was falling back into place. 

"Arabella?" someone called out and my heart dropped as Luke and I snapped back to reality, as James came crashing through the rose garden, his silver tie slightly loose around his neck.

"What do you want James?" I said, as Luke took my right hand and squeezed it slightly, as I tried to wipe the smile off my face.

He was visibly drunk, as he was swaying when he was standing still, and his green eyes were glassy and darting around the garden.

"What is happening out here?" he asked, taking a clumsy step towards Luke and I, before standing still again, resting his arm against one of the large trees in the garden.

"James, now is not the time," I sighed and he just raised an eyebrow at Luke and me, before he pieced everything together, and a sad, twisted smile appeared on his face.

"Ohhhh, so you two are dating again?" he questioned and I gently nodded, and before he even had a chance to get angry, he just started crying again and sunk down into the nearest bench, his face in his hands, as he sobbed to himself.

"God fucking damn it," he whispered, and before I knew it, he was gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yay for luke and arabella <3 

can we get a rip in the chat for James tho lol

If I Ain't Got You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju8Hr50Ckwk

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached 

also if ur bored check out my new story called Money. It only has one chapter but I am going to start writing it when I finish this story lel

thank you for reading xx