I Wanna Be Yours

27th of April 2019

"This is going to be the most extravagant party ever," I said to Milla with a sigh as I put on my red lipstick and my small pearl studs. It was the night of Enzo and Madeline's engagement party, and I really was excited for them, I just knew that my mother would make the evening more extreme than it needed to be.

"Your mum goes overboard for everything, you know that by now," Milla laughed as she finished her makeup, both of us heading back to my bedroom where Victoria was zipping up her dress, having finished her hair and make up some time ago.

I was apart of the bridal party for the wedding, which means I could not get drunk tonight. Along with myself, Madeline's sister Eleanor was her maid of honour, and her two cousins, Beatrice and Mary were the other two bridesmaids.

Enzo's best man was one of his best friends from boarding school, Connor and his three groomsmen were our cousins, Jacque, Stefan and Jean-Baptiste.

"Are we ready to go?" I asked after a moment and the three girls nodded as we all grabbed our clutches filled with essentials for the night and headed to the main ballroom where the party was being held. I politely declined the complimentary glass of champagne I was offered as we walked through the doors, and I scanned the room for any sign of Luke.

Luke and I have been on really good terms for the last two and a half months, taking things extremely slow. When I am not partaking in royal duties, I am spending time with Luke, alone and with everybody else. All I want is for things to go back to the way that they used to, but I cannot see that happening anytime soon. He and the boys have been recording some new music in Paris over the last month, so it has made establishing some sort of a relationship with him extremely hard.

"Looking for Luke?" Clara asked as I stood by one of the large windows that overlooked the grounds of Versailles, a glass of water in my hand since I was not drinking tonight.

"Yeah," I said with an awkward laugh. Clara and I have become really close over the last months, as we have been spending quite a bit of time together when the boys were in the recording studio or doing interviews for radio stations.

"He is with Michael, they are getting glasses of wine," Clara said with a smile and we continued to talk until Michael and Luke walked over to us.

"How long have you been here for?" I asked with a laugh, Luke already considerably intoxicated.

"He had quite a bit to drink before we left," Michael said with an eye roll and Luke just grinned at his words before pulling me into a tight hug. He no longer smelt like his usual warm smell, instead, he smelt like vodka and wine, not a good combination in my opinion.

"C'mon Luke, let's go outside," I sighed, picking up a glass bottle full of water before we walked out onto the empty balcony, Luke falling straight into a chair, almost spilling his glass of red wine on his grey suit.

"You look really pretty tonight Bella," he said with a childish grin, and normally I would have thanked him, but he was so drunk I don't think he had any idea what was going on.

"Luke, you are never like this, what is wrong?" I asked softly, taking the glass out of his hand and replacing it with a glass of water, something that he needed desperately.

"I don't deserve you, Bella," he slurred and I felt my heart break at his words. "You are so good to me and I have been an absolute asshole to you over the last five months."

Luke finally took a sip of water from his glass as I leaned up against the balcony railing and then I suddenly noticed that he was crying. Not soft, hidden cries, but loud, heart-shattering ones.

"Luke no, please don't cry," I said kneeling in front of him, placing my hands on his shoulders as he lifted his head, the tears still flowing from his eyes, staining his cheeks and white shirt, breaking my heart even more.

"All I want to be is yours, but it is never going to happen with me like this," he whispered softly and my only instinct was to wrap my arms around him and hold him tight until he calmed down. I knew it was the alcohol talking, but I couldn't help feel like Luke had been holding this in for a long time. The whole time we had been broken up, all I could think about was how much I was hurting, and it never really occurred to me how much Luke was hurting too.

"Luke, stop," I began as I broke the hug. "You are drunk and the words you are saying aren't true and you know that you know I want to be with you, I want that more than anything else in the world."

"Look at you though! You are the princess of France for god's sake, every boy in the world would kill to be with you and I threw that away for no valid reason," Luke said, now sobbing. "I don't deserve you Bella and everybody can see that."

"Stop Luke, just stop," I said, pulling out some tissues from my clutch to give to him as he drunk some more water, trying his best to begin to sober up. I had never seen Luke like this, as he was never one to get so drunk that he had no idea what he was going on.

"I'm sorry Bella, I am such a fuck up."

"Luke shut up for just five minutes," I said as he wiped his face with the tissues. "You are drunk and your words are not true and you know that darling. You know that you are good enough for me, as I have been infatuated with you from the first time we met. Sometimes people make dumb mistakes and that is okay. I have made plenty and I am sure I will make more. Right now though, you are going to finish your water, as I have to go inside to make a speech in half an hour and I want you to be in there with me like you always should be."

"You are an actual princess Belle," Luke said with a small smile on his face and before I knew it, he was trying to kiss me.

"Luke you are drunk, I am not going to kiss you, I don't want our relationship to be like this," I said with a heavy sigh and Luke nodded sadly, as he finished off the water and followed me inside, picking up some finger food to try and soak up the alcohol.

After Luke's moment outside, I went on to do my speech which went extremely well thank goodness. I have never been one for large amounts of public speaking, and considering the room was full of people, I did a pretty good job considering my mind was elsewhere.

All I could think about was Luke and how desperate he sounded outside. I had never seen that side of him before and I never wanted to see it again. Seeing the person you love most in the world broken like that is one of the worst things I ever had to listen to. Luke doesn't deserve to feel like that, nobody does.

"Arabella?" Luke said at the end of the night as I walked him to his car, my feet aching from wearing heels all evening.

"Yes, Luke?"

"Thank you."

"For what?" I asked slightly confused.

"For being so wonderful and kind," Luke laughed awkwardly as he opened his car door.

"Anything for you gorgeous."

---------------------------------------------------------------

lol heyyyy luke needs to get his shit together low key

this story is number 1 in the 5secondsofsummer tag ??? thank u all for reading it means so much <3

I Wanna Be Yours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaiLCYgWk3E

please vote and comment !!

thanks for reading xxx