Royalty

17th of July 2019

"Nah I can't," Luke said when he walked into my bedroom.

"What? What's wrong?" I questioned, slightly startled at his words.

"You look like a god damn princess Arabella."

"Well that would be because I am one," I said with a smirk and he just rolled his eyes at me, adjusting his black tie. 

"What I am trying to say, darling is that you look absolutely stunning," he said with a smile and I blushed as I thanked him, before I quickly walked into my wardrobe room, and opening a glass cabinet that is rarely used. A requirement of being the French Royal Family this evening was that I had to wear a tiara. I desperately did not want to, as it made me feel and look extremely pretentious, but I think my mother may slap me if I did not wear it.

I ended up choosing a simple silver tiara with small diamonds encrusted, the colour and design matching my black ballgown for the evening. I walked back into my bedroom, Luke giggling slightly when he saw that I was wearing a tiara.

"Please don't start, I am going to cop enough flack from Milla and Victoria," I sighed before applying my red lipstick. It was the six hundred year anniversary of the Bourbon Dynasty, meaning that the ball tonight was in celebration of my family and me.

"I didn't even know you owned a tiara."

"Luke, I am the Princess of France, of course, I own a tiara," I said with a laugh and once again he rolled his eyes at me, his blue eyes flashing at me, his amusement shown through his eyes and grin on his face.

"How many do you have?" Luke questioned as I tied up my black heels, walking over to Luke to adjust his tie again.

"Ah, about ten, why?"

"Just interested," Luke said I as I adjusted his tie, making sure it was picture perfect for the night. "I like this one though, makes your eyes sparkle." 

I blushed at Luke's words, before gently kissing his cheek, making sure not to leave any lipstick stains. We spent the day yesterday by the pool, eating an insane amount of food whilst sipping Dom Perignon champagne throughout the day, before Milla, Victoria and I eventually snuck out to meet the boys and Clara at their newly bought Parisian apartment.

Luke thought it would be more sensible if they all just shared an apartment, so they all eventually bought one in the outskirts of Paris, only a half an hour drive from Versailles. We ended up having drinks at their apartment, before heading into the city. Milla, Victoria and I ended up getting home just after 5 am, crawling through our usual gap in the hedge and sprinting across the lawn before the sprinklers came on.

"I just cannot get over how beautiful you look, Belle," Luke said with a look of admiration on his eyes, giving me a little spin as we began to walk to the ballroom, the audible sound of people becoming louder and louder.

"You really are the best Lukey," I said as we reached the ballroom, and I could already hear the orchestra, as the sound of violins and cellos were imprinted in my brain. Luke handed me a glass of champagne as we walked to the upstairs area of the ballroom, something that is rarely used. We were having a five-course dinner, before having to dance and socialise the rest of the night.

"Who are you dancing with first tonight?" Luke asked as we tried to find the table where he would be sitting tonight since he would not be sitting with my family this evening.

"James," I sighed. It was a tradition at royal anniversary balls that the fast dance it strictly between people of royal blood. I thought it was a stupid tradition, but I cannot do anything to change that.

"Oh for god's sake," Luke said with a laugh and I nodded in agreement with him, before lightly kissing his cheek and heading towards my table. I was sitting between Enzo and Milla, which would make the dinner slightly more bearable. My mother and father were at the head of the table, both of them giving speeches this evening. 

"Good evening everyone," my father said, everybody that was somebody bowing or curtsying to him before taking their places at their own tables. "We are gathered here this evening to celebrate six hundred years of the Bourbon dynasty."

9:30 pm

James bowed to me before I curtseyed to him and he took my hand before we walked slowly onto the ballroom floor, James taking my waist as the music began to play, our bodies touching slightly.

"Hey Bella," James said quietly, a small smile on his face that I did not return. I was done trying to make peace with James, as he had caused enough drama for a lifetime.

"Evening James," I said as he spun me around slightly to the sound of the orchestra, my black dress moving freely to the music.

"Look, I am sorry for what happened the other night," he sighed before gently dipping me, his body moving with mine so that our faces were almost touching, and I was praying to God that Luke did not see that happen. "I just hated seeing you upset and I didn't want him to be taking advantage of you."

"Yeah well, you have no right to do that," I snapped slightly, even startling myself with how harsh I sounded. "We have never been, nor will we ever be anything. My kindness towards you is a mere formality, and it will not be continuing any longer if you pull something like that ever again."

My right leg had a blue and purple bruise the size of a tennis ball on my thigh, and luckily the dresses that I would be wearing in the next couple of weeks would cover the mark, otherwise, I would be answering a lot of questions.

"I'm sorry," is all James said before the dance was over, and I was able to make my way over to Luke, whose placid face turned into a beaming smile when he saw me, mine doing the same.

"Mr Hemmings," I said with a grin. "May I have this dance?" I said offering him my hand, the ring that he gave me for my birthday now situated on my middle finger again.

"It would be an honour, Miss Bourbon," he said taking my hand and I lead him to the dance floor, the pianist playing 'The Scientist' by Coldplay. Our bodies moved in complete sync, and we were not a step out of time with the music.

"You have really come a long way since we met," I said as Luke held my waist tightly, and I wished that he would never let me go. The way he looked at me was driving me insane, and I just wanted to tell him how much I loved him. And I could, I knew I could but I did not want to ruin whatever this is.

"Pardon?" Luke asked with a slight laugh, his eyes sparkling underneath all the lights.

"You can actually waltz now."

"Oh come off it," Luke said with a laugh and I smiled at him. "I would learn how to do anything for you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right so I need to become a princess and luke needs to become my boyfriend :) 

Royalty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsfaCZp1OuQ

Arabella's dress is the photo attached 

twitter: @ lukeomfgggg

thanks for reading ! xxx