Stay With Me

8th of September 2018

The voice of my maid filled my ears for about five minutes before I actually decided to wake up, dreading the thought of going downstairs.

"Yes, Maureen?" I called out, finally sitting up in my bed, immediately reaching for my hairbrush which was on my bedside table.

"King Louis and Queen Alice wish to speak with you."

"Thank you, Maureen," I sighed, as I finished brushing my hair and put it into a neat ponytail, climbing out of bed and walking to my wardrobe room, picking out my dress and shoes for the day, quickly running to my bathroom afterwards to brush my teeth and then heading downstairs to meet my parents in the living room.

I honestly had no idea why they were this mad since my mother was never royalty, to begin with. I found myself, once again sitting on the dark red velvet couch of the ground floor living room, being hampered by harsh stairs from both my mother and father.

 "So, I actually have no idea why you two are so mad," I said, trying to ignore the constant buzzing of my phone in my pocket, which I assumed was Luke.

"Because Arabella, you need to realise that you have an obligation to this country," my mother began before I cut her off, not wanting to hear any more of what I was sure was going to be some ridiculous speech she had prepared last night after James had told her about Luke and me.

"Which is?"

"You cannot be seen with someone who is not royalty!" she exclaimed, already becoming heated for no reason, something which she does often, which bothers Enzo and I a lot.

"You weren't always the Queen of France you know," I scoffed, earning a glare from both my parents. 

"Yes, but I am now," she added after my father squeezed her arm for reassurance, which made me angry since my father usually always supported me when I was arguing with my mother.

"Calum is not royalty," I pointed out and Alice flashed her blue eyes at me, as my father let go of her arm, knowing that I had a point.

"Milla is not apart of the French royal family Arabella," my dad added and I just rolled my eyes in response, as they both knew this was a battle that they could not win.

"Does this have anything to do with James?" I asked, trying to piece things together. I know my parents wanted me to marry royalty, but I never expected them to be this disappointed when they found out I was dating someone who was not a Prince. When I told them that I was dating Nicholas, I was almost on the same level of golden child status as Enzo, but that all came crashing down when Nicholas and I ended things, and I don't think my mother has ever forgiven me for ruining my perfect chance at becoming a Queen of a country.

"This has everything to do with James!" my mother exclaimed and I rolled my eyes, not in the mood to fight with her.

"I don't even like James, at all, so your plan will never work," I scoffed, standing up to leave, both my parents trying to stop me. The thing about my mother is that she will not stop until she gets her way, making living with her very difficult sometimes.

"Where do you think you are going Arabella?" my mother asked me, as I turned around to walk out of the living room.

"To eat breakfast, or is that not allowed since I am not dating royalty," I said in a raised voice, walking straight into the kitchen and pouring myself a cup of tea and buttering myself a piece of toast. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, to see that I had two missed calls from Luke and five unread text messages, the latest one making me almost spit out my tea.

From: Luke- hey Arabella, I called Milla to see if u were okay and she told me that Alice and Louis were talking to u and to come and meet you at the spot where u sneak out?? idk she gave me some directions so I should be here soon lol xxx

I quickly finished my breakfast and made my way straight outside, running as fast as I could to where Milla and I usually sneak out, crawling through the hedge to find Luke sitting on the deserted road outside the palace, in a white shirt and tan shorts, looking very Parisian which I loved.

"Oh hey you," I said with a smile, pulling me into a warm hug which I definitely needed right now.

"Sorry, I was talking to my parents," I sighed as we sat down on the road together, the morning sun shining softly on our skin.

"What happened?" Luke asked with a concerned look on his face, which did not suit him at all. I explained to him what happened between James and I last night, including the fact that he tried to kiss me, and the fact when I told him that I was dating Luke, he took it upon himself to tell my parents, earning me my semi lecture this morning from them.

"So basically, my parents only want me to date, someone who is royalty, which is pretty low considering the fact that my mum was not apart of any royal family before she met my dad," I said, finally finishing.

"Does this mean we can't be together?" Luke asked after he had finally processed everything and I shook my head straight away.

"Of course not, my parents are just stupid that is all," I said with a laugh, earning a small giggle from Luke, which made me smile as such a soft sound should not be coming out of someone who is Luke's size.

"They just want is best for you," Luke said, making me feel like a couple out of some dramatic romantic drama movie.

"Well, me dating James is definitely not what is best for me," I huffed, folding my arms like a child.

"That sounds like torture to me," Luke said with a laugh, making me smile as he loosely draped his arm around my shoulders.

"I know, James is the absolute worst," I said and Luke nodded in agreement.

"I can't believe he tried to kiss you again," he scoffed and I groaned at the thought of that happening. Once upon a time, I would have been welling in the fact that I had two gorgeous boys after me, but now I only want Luke vying for my attention.

"Don't remind me, it makes me so angry."

"So, what are we going to do about your parents?" Luke asked after a short moment of silence, squeezing my shoulder, the feeling of his strong hand sending chills down my arm.

"Nothing, they can't stop me."

"I don't want them to hate me," Luke said, and I almost thought he was joking until I saw the nervous yet serious look on his face.

"They will never hate you, it will just take some time for them to get used to you," I said with a reassuring smile and Luke nodded, now with a slight smile on his face.

"Good," he said placing both hands on my face, "Because I don't plan on stopping this anytime soon," he said, kissing me, making me forget that this relationship was not even supposed to be happening

--------------------------------

hey guys been a while lol :)))

thank u for 300+ reads xx

Stay With Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-5XG-DbAA

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached !!

low key hate Alice tbh and kow key hate James

pls pls vote and comment !!

thank you for reading xxxx