Lover

22nd of August 2018

One good thing about being a princess and having huge amounts of events each year is that you get really good at doing your own hair and makeup. Another good thing is the number of gorgeous dresses I have in my wardrobe, always having endless options for events that I have. 

"Are you nervous?" Milla asked me, as she and Victoria lay on my bed. Milla had her brown hair in a neat high ponytail, wearing a light pink strapless dress. Victoria's short hair was styled just above her shoulders, loose waves to match her loose white dress. Both girls wearing similar makeup that made their brown eyes stand out.

"Why would I be nervous?" I asked, finishing my makeup by applying a nude lip.

"Well it is Luke, Calum, Michael and Ashton's first royal family official event," Milla said in a tone like that should be my main priority for the evening.

"They will be fine," I laughed, taking off my leggings and jumper, Victoria helping me slip into my dress for the night.

"Are you sure about that?" Milla asked and I rolled my eyes and I nodded as I put on my nude heels and made sure my hair and makeup were perfect before the three of us left the room.

"Yes, I am sure about that," I said as we walked out of my bedroom and towards the main ballroom where Madeline's birthday was to be held. Because Madeline is the future Queen of France, it is apparently important for her to have these extravagant birthday's at Versailles so she can acquaint all the important people in France.

"Is James going to be here tonight?" Milla asked as the voices of people grew louder.

"Who is James?" Victoria asked, struggling to keep up with us as she was significantly shorter than us, only measuring just over five feet. 

"Some prince from England that my mother shipped over for me to marry," I sighed and Milla laughed, whilst Victoria just looked bemused.

"You cannot be serious?" she asked as we walked into the ballroom to the familiar sound of classical music.

"I am serious," I said taking a glass of champagne from the entrance table, "That is him over there," I said pointing to the blonde boy talking to Enzo and my father. 

"He looks like he should be at the beach," Victoria said and Milla and I laughed in unison.

"I know right," I said with a grin. Both Milla and Victoria took glasses of wine, as we lurked around the front door, waiting for the 5 Seconds of Summer boys to arrive.

Finally, all four boys walked in wearing matching black suits with different colour ties. Luke in a black tie, Calum in a pink one. Michael in dark grey and Ashton in blue.

"Who is THAT?" Victoria asked pointing at Ashton, her cheeks going bright red.

"That is Ashton," Milla smirked as the boys walked over to us.

"Good evening!" Calum exclaimed, kissing his girlfriend on the cheek, whilst Luke made his way over to me, resting an arm around my waist.

"Hey guys," I said with a grin, as Luke squeezed my waist and pulled me closer to him as he gently kissed the top of my head.

"This is Victoria, our cousin from Spain," Milla said with a smile, as both our eyes were drawn to Ashton as he could not take his eyes off her.

"Hello," she said quietly. As Milla and I have known Victoria for our whole lives, she has never been shy with us, but when she is meeting new people, she shrinks into a small bubble until she gains enough confidence to be comfortable around them, which I understand as we all have to pick and chose our friends wisely when we come from royalty.

"Hey Victoria," all four boys said in unison, making us all grin and laugh slightly. This is the first Royal Family event that I have had friends at before, so it could either go really well or horribly wrong.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked Luke and he nodded as we walked over to the bar, where James was standing. He was wearing a navy blue suit and a light blue tie, which bought out his eyes and made them glisten in the harsh lights.

"Hey Arabella," James said kissing my cheek when he greeted me, and I felt Luke's hand tighten around my wrist.

"Hi James," I said picking up a glass of champagne for Luke and handing it to him.

"Thanks, Belle," he said and I blushed red as James just rolled his eyes at Luke's display of affection towards me.

"Do you want to dance?" James asked me, completely ignoring Luke's presence and I felt my eyes widen as he asked me that.

"Excuse me?" Luke and I said in unison.

"I said, do you want to dance?" James asked, stepping forward to take my hand. One thing that I really don't like about myself, is that I find it hard to say no to people.

"Fine," I said as Luke dropped his hand from my wrist, "One dance." 

James took my hand as 'Give Me Love' by Ed Sheeran began to play as we entered the dance floor, Luke still standing by the bar, looking absolutely dumbfounded with myself and James.

"What the hell are you trying to pull?" I hissed at James as we placed our hands on each other's back and waist and begun to slowly waltz around the floor.

"You look incredible Arabella," he said with a smirk, ignoring my question and I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him as we continued to waltz.

"A simple thank you would suffice," he then added and I continued to ignore him until he said something I could not ignore.

"You are too good for Luke," he said as the song was nearly ending.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed, wanting this dance to be over, but people were watching and it would be rude of me to leave James standing there.

"You heard me, he is in a band and you are the Princess of France."

"You are a dickhead," I scoffed, as the song drew to a close and my stomach filled with relief.

"I don't hear you denying it," James said with a raised eyebrow when I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Luke there, with his hand outstretched.

"May I have this dance, Miss Bourbon?" Luke asked with a small smile on his face, his eyes pleading me to say yes.

"Of course Mr Hemmings," I said with a grin, as I took his hand and he led me away from James. 'To Build A Home' by the Cinematic Orchestra began to play, Luke gently placing his hands where they should be for a waltz, and I did the same.

"I'm sorry," I said as we began to dance, feeling how tense Luke was about James and I dancing together.

"Don't be, I know you couldn't say no," Luke said and I sighed with relief, knowing that Luke understood why I had to dance with him. 

The chemistry when I danced with James was not there, it felt boring and forced, which it was. With Luke though, I felt so at home and alive, we danced with grace and ease, radiating happiness to the people around us, which is what it should be.

"I hate him," I whispered into his shoulder and Luke laughed gently at my remark.

"Don't worry darling, me too," he said squeezing my shoulder as we continued to dance around the ballroom floor.

"You look incredible tonight, by the way," I added with a smile. Luke always looks incredible, but there is something about him in a suit that drives me wild.

"Oh baby," he said with a smirk, "You have to look incredible when your date is the Princess of France."

-----------------------------

hey whats up

Lover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRpnraBcOrU

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached !!

Victoria is based off the lovely @dulcedeleche coz i love her and her books tbh

Please vote and comment xx

Thanks for reading !! xx