Stay

1st of January 2019

I woke up, and not only was my head pounding, but my heart was aching too. The events of last night were all coming back to me when I realised Luke and I were no longer together.

I held back the tears as I crawled out of last nights dress, which I fell asleep in. I held back the tears as I took off all my jewellery. I held back the tears when I remembered our New Years Day lunch, but the tears came and did not stop when I was in the shower.

My whole body was hurting, and I wasn't sure if I could face everybody today. The tears continued to fall throughout my shower, and only stopped when I realised I had to get ready for the day. I softly curled my hair, and applied a light layer of makeup, trying to make myself somewhat presentable even though I knew I looked like a mess.

I ended up choosing a silvery white dress with nude heels, not caring if I liked my outfit or not. I knew I was late for lunch but I didn't care, I was finding it hard to breathe so I am sure my parents could understand why I was running five minutes late.

"You're late Arabella," my mother said as I entered the third-floor dining room and I noticed that everybody else was already seated.

"I know," I said simply. "I'm sorry," I said sitting down next to Milla, who obviously knew what had happened last night and took my hand and gave it a squeeze.

Luke and Calum were sitting across from us, along with Michael and Ashton. Clara was next to Michael and Victoria was next to me, all of us not saying a word to each other. The silence was almost unbearable, and it was even worse that my mother was trying to force conversation upon us.

"Mum, no offence, but nobody is really in the mood to be having an in-depth conversation about 2019 politics," Enzo snapped after a while, my mother slightly taken back by his outburst.

"Why?" my mother asked after we had finished lunch, none of us uttering a single word until now.

"Because Luke broke up with me that's why," I snapped, Luke, catching my eye, which I ignored. "So excuse me if I don't feel like talking about Donald Trump and the American economy."

"Oh," is all I heard my mother say before I stormed out of the room and ran back upstairs to my bedroom, where I immediately burst into tears. All I wanted to do was talk to Luke about how much I was hurting, but I couldn't because he was the reason I was hurting so much.

"Bella?" I heard after a while. "Can I please come in?" Milla asked softly.

"Yes, the door is unlocked," I said and I heard her walk in, but my face was buried in my pillow so I did not feel her presence until she sat down on my bed, the mattress slightly sinking on the left side of my bed.

"Are you okay?" Milla asked after a while, causing me to lift my head from the pillow and sit up slightly, my breaths becoming less sharp and more steady.

"I just don't understand why he left me Milla," is all I said before I started sobbing again.

"Because he is an idiot Arabella, anyone with a sane mind would never let you go," Milla said putting an arm around me and I continued to sob, wishing that I was not in this situation.

"He never had an issue with James have feelings for me before," I said, letting out a slight hiccup which made Milla giggle slightly, and I cracked a sad smile which felt foreign on my face at the moment.

"I know sweetheart, I know," she said giving my shoulder a tight squeeze, leaving us in a comfortable silence.

When Nicholas and I ended things around two years ago, there was no heartbreak, as the decision was mutual in the end. Sure, we were both upset that our relationship was not going to work out, but in the end, it was what was best for both of us. Right now though, I feel like I am dying. My body is aching and my heart is broken, and all my thoughts are consumed with one question, 'why?' 

Why would Luke do this to me, days after he told me he loved me. Why would he do this after everything I went through to get my parents to accept the fact that we were going to be together for a long time. All I wanted was Luke, yet for some reason, he did not feel the same way about us. James' feelings for me never put a strain on our relationship before, so what the hell changed in the last three days.

"Hey, can I come in?" Calum asked from outside of the door, his voice sounding slightly hesitant.

"Yeah," I called back, and in walked Calum, a smile on his face like he usually had, but he looked angry.

"Luke is such a fuckwit, I am so sorry he has done this to you, Bella," Calum said sitting down on the end of my bed, rolling up his red sleeves.

"Its okay," I said with a sad smile. "You would tell me if there was someone else, right?" I questioned after a moment, my heart plummeting at my own question.

"God no Bella, he wasn't cheating on you, he loves you too much to do that," Calum sighed and Milla nodded in agreement, but that still does not explain why he ended things over one fight.

"Then I still do not understand why he broke up with me," I sighed, leaning back into my pillow and wishing I could fall asleep right now, even though I was wide awake.

"Luke is a right idiot sometimes, and he makes fucked up decisions without thinking them through," Calum sighed, a sorry looking smile on his face. "And unfortunately him breaking up with you is one of those fucked up decisions."

11:30 pm 

I was still awake, as my bed felt empty as it had gotten used to having Luke in it every night. I decided to check Luke's Instagram, even though I knew it would only hurt me more. He had not posted anything since Christmas Day, but as I continued to scroll I noticed that he had deleted all of the photos that he had posted of us, and fans had started to notice. 

username 1: why did luke delete all his photos with Arabella??

username 2: good riddance to the fact that Luke and Arabella are over, I never liked her anyway lol

username 3: guys Arabella hasn't deleted any of her photos with each other, maybe Luke broke up with her????

username 4: wtf if Luke and Bella broke up, is there really any hope for the rest of us???!!

My immediate reaction was to cry again, but a text notification that came through on my phone distracted me from that.

From: James Windsor

Hey Bella, I'm sorry that Luke broke up with you (god knows why) but if you ever want to talk about it, or just talk to someone in general, I am here whenever you need to chat :) 

------------------------------------------------

FUCK JAmes and Fuck LUKe

Stay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF8BRvqGCNs

Arabella's outfit is the photo attached :))))

pls vote and comment xox

thanks for reading <3