Bad Reputation

26th of July 2018

To: Mr Hemmings: hey :) how far away is the car?

From: Mr Hemmings: good evening Bella, the car is five minutes away :)

To: Mr Hemmings: okay thank you Luke, I will see you soon :)

I made sure to tell Milla where I was going, and to cover for me if my parents asked any questions. She nodded and took in every ounce of information I told her, knowing full well how much trouble I could in if I got caught. I thanked my cousin, who was preoccupied on her laptop and then I made my way out my usual route, sneaking out under the hedge and running as fast as I could away from the castle.

I hate all these stupid walls, being cooped up in a palace all day, only leaving when we are allowed to or when we must. I just want to be nineteen and normal, not nineteen and the princess of France. I want  to be able to catch the tube around France, and meet my friends for coffee when I wanted to. I want to be able to study Architecture at University, and I want to be able to go out and get drunk every weekend without having to worry about the repercussions. But none of that is possible when you are the princess of France.

I found the white BMW exactly where Luke said it would be, and I jumped inside of the car and the diver, who was named Mike took off straight away.

"So I have to ask, is this some kind of late night booty call?" he asked and I laughed, as he obviously has no idea who I am. I'm not complaining though, saves a lot of questions and answers that I wasn't in the mood for tonight.

"No, Luke and I are just friends." That comment earned a scoff from Mike as he continued to drive to Luke's hotel. The time on the car read ten o'clock, meaning I had plenty of time to talk to the Australian boy before I had to be home and 'asleep' so my parents did not figure out that I was missing.

"Most girls don't tend to stay friends with Luke for long." What the hell was that supposed to mean?

I ignored his comment, and we sat in silence until we reached is hotel, the familiar blonde boy waiting out the front of the revolving doors for me.

"Thanks Mike," Luke said coming up to the car.

"Anytime Hemmo," Mike said and then he was gone.

"Good evening Miss Bourbon," he said as we walked through the revolving doors, making our way to the elevator.

"Hello Mr Hemmings," I said with a grin as we stepped inside the elevator, Luke pushing the tenth floor button as we headed up in silence.

"How long did it take you to get here?" he asked as we walked down the narrow cream corridor of the Four Seasons hotel.

"About forty minutes, it was pretty quiet," I said and Luke nodded as he opened his door and we walked into his hotel room.

"It's no Versailles but it's good enough for me at the moment."

"How long are you boys in Paris for?" I asked sitting down on the singular couch in the room.

"Until we feel like leaving I suppose." It must be nice not to have that worry that you have to be here at a certain time, and do this on a certain day.