54

Namjoon

The plan was in action. From the seating arrangements at breakfast to the goodbyes, if this goes well then Hoseok will find out the easiest way possible. It won't be a slap to the face, more like landing a plane in after a long flight. I didn't think that I myself was ready for this, but it had to happen before Hoseok himself found out and thought that I was lying to him.

"Yoongi, call your brothers down for breakfast please. And Youngbae...thanks for helping out in the kitchen.." he smiled sadly, Youngjae sitting close to his Appa and smiling at me. I was never upset that Youngbae cheated on me, we were never in love, but I was hurt that he stopped being my friend. And to think that it was Jiyong's doings that ended a lifetime friendship breaks the rest of my already broken heart. How could I trust that Youngbae is telling the truth though? It's been over 10 years since I've seen him last.

I just feel it, that's how I know. Why would he lie? He couldn't possibly actually have feelings for me and want to get back together. It can't be because he wants to make me end things with Jiyong because that already happened. It can't be because of my money because he's wealthy enough and isn't like that. I have no reason to not trust an old friend. And Jiyong was an asshole, I ended things with him because he wasn't ready to be with a family. He hated Yoongi and Hoseok because they weren't his and cried everytime he faked a smile towards them and then behind closed doors he'd try to get me to convince me to put them up for adoption. But I stayed with him for so long because of how the kids looked up to him.

I never told Hoseok that Jiyong was his father, but the boy was so happy every time he came home, I just couldn't take away that smile.

Maybe Youngbae is right about the asshole coming in between our friendship.

Therefore, I trust him.

"Breakfast is ready?" Hoseok came down first, followed by my cute little ducklings. Really, I'm serious. They came down flapping invisible wings and quacking, following Hoseok down the stairs. It was the cutest thing ever my heart almost came up my throat in liquid form. Ooh, that's too far.

"Mr. Youngbae was kind enough to help out today in the kitchen, Hoseokie, we know how much you love blueberry pancakes and only he knows how to make it. Remember when Mr. Jiyong made those pancakes all the time? These should taste the same." I faked a smile. Youngbae told me how he sent pancakes every morning and Jiyong threatened to throw them away, but Hoseok still got them every. Single. Day. I was close to tears. What else had he lied about?

"Really now? The exact same? Let me be the judge of that."

"Do we get pancake too?" Jimin ended the sentence with his lips in a small "o" form, seeming to forget to fix his lips after talking. He was little I'm sure.

"Of course, I wouldn't just make any for Hoseok! There's enough for everyone." He smiled. Seokjin gave me a look, Are you okay with this? I nodded with a smile.

"Thank you sir." He took a seat at the table and the pancakes were placed at his hands, stack so high that it came to his nose. "These pancakes are so fluffy, this one is the size of my finger!" He smiled widely. When he took a bite he groaned and his smile could have ripped his face by then. "Just like always. But now, it's better."

Youngbae and I both had tears in our eyes. I watched him get up and go outside. This was like telling your child they were adopted and being sent back, it's too much.

"Are you okay Appa?" He asked, looking from me to the guy who left.

"Appa is okay, just overwhelmed." Seokjin took over.

"I heard the music playing, were you dancing?" He nodded. "You know, Youngbae dances too, he's really good."

"Maybe we both just have it in our dna, but I wonder who I got it from since neither Appa Namjoon nor Jiyong could dance that well." He bit his lip. Nobody talked. I can't remember a time where this family had been so quiet.

Hoseok looked dead in my eyes, I was breaking.

"Jiyong wasn't your father." His eyes didn't fill with betrayal like it did for the slight second in my head. He smiled.

"Thank god that awkward crap is over. Can we get through breakfast now?" Yoongi picked up his fork and knife and was ready to dig in.

"What else, Appa?" Yoongi mouthed some curse words that I would scold him for it they ever left his mouth.

"Jiyong was only the twins and Kookie's Appa, your Appa is the man that walked out of this house crying. Youngjae, you should probably go get your Appa." He nodded and left his empty plate- wait what?

"What's his name again?"

"His name is Youngbae, Dong Youngbae."

"So that means my name would be Dong Hoseok, not Kim." He smiled. "And Youngjae is my brother."

"Well your last name-" I cut Yoongi off and he shrugged, eating his pancakes.

"If you want your last name to be then yeah." I was waiting for him to break down, but he just began eating again, no further questions. "Are you...okay with this?"

He nodded. "You're not just saying that are you? If you have any problems I'll make sure Appa never comes back." Youngjae mumbled.

He shook his head slowly. "No issues, can we be a happy family and eat our fluffy pancakes made by my Appa Youngbae? They'll get cold."

Why is he just accepting this? My soul wouldn't be put at ease if I don't see some type of reaction. I don't want to be selfish but I want to see the shock pass over or at least a few tears. I want him to hate me for keeping this, lying to him for all these years. "Are you s-Sure you don't have...any questions?"

"How old is little Youngjae really? He can't be 16." His fist went next to his head as he watched all of us become stuttering penguins."

"W-well I'm a-actually 14 a-and I didn't want Yoongi hyung to know b-because he knew about our Appa and I w-wanted to be your friend."

"Cool, we could still be friends! We're a family!"

"Okay..."

"Appa...does that mean Hoseokie hyung isn't our hyungie?"

"He's still your big brother Jiminnie, he'll always be your brother." Jimin then kissed Hoseok's hand and held it tight. Taehyung and Jungkook went and crowded him, forming a group hug.

"We love you hyung!" They said almost in unison

"I love you all too. Now can we please eat." He laughed. The kiddies went to their seats and ate with their hands, forgetting the whole who's your daddy drama- and Hoseok did too, which I'm still not over.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. Maybe a tear would fall when I least expect it. His eyes were glued to his phone as he took another bite.

My phone dinged.

Dark Angel Child
I heard everything. Thanks for telling me. :)

How is this my mochies?