39

I woke up earlier than usual, not being able to sleep after the phone call with Namjoon hyung last night.

"What is it, hyung?"

"I'm just... a little curious about something."

"What exactly?" If it was about us then I would rather this ground turn into quick sand and take me whole.

"Yoongi... Jimin... and Taehyung." He paused for a little and I could breathe again.

"Are they back to killing each other?"

"Nothing like that, they're just not telling me what they're up to. Can you give me advice? I feel like I'll explode if I don't know."

"I could try, how recent did this problem surface?"

"Remember at dinner when Taehyung was eating like little Kookie? Then when we pointed it out he ran? But before that, I told Yoongi to get him out of his room and he came back with a look of discomfort..." he hummed, "And then Yoongi was pulled away by Jimin and I could feel that something was wrong. Is it me that's causing this to happen? Am I that bad a dad?"

"Hyung, you're doing a great job, kids do that a lot- keeping secrets I mean. Let them work it out on their own if they don't want to talk and don't push it, okay?"

"Okay baby-" did he just-

"Sorry, what?"

"I didn't mean to- well I did but not outloud- uh Seokjin... I'll call you later." His voice so soft towards the end that I almost didn't hear it if it wasn't for the fact that I forgot what came after inhale.

He hung up and I laid back down, staring at up where I knew the ceiling would always be.

Like who would be able to sleep after that? I know of his feelings but like I said before, we are grown men. We can't just do what we please just because of some teenage crush.

But then again, I am a man. I should be able to act on my feelings because I do share them just as much- maybe even more.

Maybe I'll be able to rest when I know that Namjoon is mine?

What the hell am I thinking?

I start to slap my forehead with the palm of my hands and then shake my head. "I'm going nuts."

...

"Yoongi, here's your phone. I was meaning to tell you that Youngjae called you. When you're done, put the phone back on my dresser." Appa joon threw my phone into my lap and I thanked him silently.

The first number to show up in my recent calls is in fact my new friend. With shaky hands, I remember what Jimin told me to ask and press onto his name. He quickly answered before I got my words together in my head.

"Yoongi! Did you get your phone back?"

"Not for good, Appa Joon told me that I have to give it back after I call you."

"Awe, my Yoongs is suffering," I could hear his sweet chuckle as I let out a shaky breath. "Are you okay? You sound like something is nothing you."

"There is actually something..." something fell from in the hallway. My neck snapped in that direction and I saw my Appa casually leaning against the wall, observing one of my books that I left out.

"The boy who lost his hope? I read this before..." he whispered. Idiot.

"I can't tell you about it though, but I would like for us to go shopping together. Maybe we could talk there?"

"Sounds cool, when can I pick you up?"

"Appa Joon, when can he pick me-" he jumped and dropped the book on his own foot, wincing and falling back into his favorite picture on the wall and it falling onto the floor. Thank god it didn't break like glass, too many things have broken in this story already.

"He-he can pick you up whenever, just don't be out too long and stay safe, I'll give you any amount that you need."

"Can you pick me up in 30 minutes?" He laughed and I could feel his gorgeous smile.

"That's perfect, I'll call you when I'm outside," I hummed and mumbled a bye, "bye bye!" He ended the call and I looked back at Appa Joon.

"He's gonna call when he gets here." I handed him the phone and went to talk to Jimin and Tae about what all they need, their sizes and preferences.

Maybe I'll get something for Jungkook too... since he's basically the same... right?

Only a hand full of people voted for the reader name poll,and out of that hand full, 66% preferred Mochi's while the rest was about even. If you still want to vote the poll is open and link is in my bio, just go to my profile and you'll see it.