Chapter 28

"Oh my gosh it's Mr. Jumpy!" Jungkook got up and looked out the window, pressing his face to it as Joshua came closer to the door. When he saw Jungkook he waved and walked to the window, tapping where his nose was and laughing to himself. "Hey pretty!"

"Hi kookie." Jungkook giggled and ran to the door, pausing and looking back at me.

"Yes you can open it." Jungkook swung the door open and ran to Joshua, giggling and being picked up.

"Hi child, I heard you were sick so I brought you some snacks." Joshua showed a bag with multiple different snacks popular in america.

"Ooh... sticks with cheese?" He tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"Its very good. Hansol, my boyfriend, told me to get you some because he knew you would love it." Jungkook had opened the packet and dipped his finger in the cheese, getting a stick, and eating both one at a time. "You use the sticks to scoop the cheese child." I laughed.

"Ohhh~" Jungkook got two sticks and used them as chopsticks.

"What is that?" Hoseok asked, just waking from a nap.

"An american snack, wanna try?"

"Sure, I'm hungry anyways."

"I've got rainbow goldfish, twinkies, jalapeño cheezits, and hot fries."

Hoseok examined everything closely as Joshua finally closed the door and walked further into the house. Hoseok picked up the bag and took out the hot fries.

"Ooh can I have halpino- hala-pins- the squares?" Jungkook asked, already done with his cheesy snack, only left with plain sticks that he'd bitten and put back in. His shirt was covered in cheese so I'm sure most of it missed his mouth. I'll be sure to wash his clothes as soon as the snacks are done for. He put his cheesy fingers on the box as he gave the man a huge bunny smile with his eyes all puffy.

"Sure, I'll get you a napkin." Joshua got up to get the napkins as Hoseok finally finished examining the bag of chips he was holding. It's not like he could read English so I don't know what the heck he was trying to look for.

"I'll take these." He sat on the couch and turned on the TV.

My phone rang and it was my appa. "This crazy woman is killing me, the only thing keeping me here is the food man." I coughed and he gasped. "Are you sick? Want me to come by with the good soup?"

"Appa, you read my mind... How are you gonna get it to me without her knowing?"

"She's barely in the house anymore. As soon as I sneeze she'll make it and I'll send it your way. Remember your old friend Jae? He could get it to you by tomorrow."

I blushed at the name. Jae was the last person I dated, it ended so awkwardly. We were barely teenagers and my mother came in between and ended everything. Jae is also American, and I was his first friend here in Korea.

"He's still in the neighborhood? After all these years?"

"Yeah, your mother stopped cursing him at every chance about a year after you moved out. He's still living in the same house too, right next door." I start to get flashbacks of our time together, me going next door to welcome him into the neighborhood with my mother.

Us slowly becoming best friends despite his heavy accent and him not knowing a lot of Korean. Him taking my first kiss while out with my family and then later that day asking me to be his. Him making us promise rings-which I still have somewhere- and promising that he will be my husband when we are older. And then I remember our last day together, when we were in my backyard in the pool, him slowly kissing me and extremely close. My mother came to check on us and that didn't end well.

"Hello, Jinnie?" I didn't notice that tears streamed down my face until I licked my lips and tasted the saltiness.

"Um yeah, I'll call you later. Hoseok and Jungkook are here too, Jungkookie is sick."

"Not my grand baby! Is he okay? How did he get sick? Give him endless love until he's healthy again and don't let him cry!"

"Appa, do you love Kookie more than me?" I joked.

"I...is that my lovely wife calling me who is definitely in the house and not at the market and calling my name haha yeah wifey I'm coming!" Appa hung up and I pouted playfully.

"Jungkookie I think you stole my appa."

"Paw wants me! Okay! You can have my appa instead hehe."

I blushed and looked away. Why did he say that. Gosh I need to stop thinking so dirty, Jungkook is a child he meant it in the other way. Come on Seokjin.

"Hmm I don't know, my appa is pretty cool. He's discovered many new ways to pop your bones without even trying." Jungkook's mouth hung open.

"How? I can only do this.." He pulled his thumb and then it released a tiny cracking sound. "Ooh gimmie." He took my hand and did the same. My pop was way louder and stung a little.

"What was that?!" The child laughed until he coughed and then laughed some more.

"I learned it from Yoongi hyung. He used to pop my thumbs for me." He popped his other thumb and showed them both. "All done."

"It doesn't hurt?" I was now massaging my thumb with my other hand.

"Nuh uh, it donet hurt."

"Hey guys, Hoseok and I will be in the back room having our episode. The snacks are in the kitchen and Hoseok told me to tell you Jungkook's medication is on the counter. The words are too long to pronounce but the clear one first.

"Alrighty."

Sorry I haven't updated. School is my bully and so is my step dad. So much homework and my step dad not letting me do it like dude stop, homework first then chores. Its not even messy its just his stuff and he doesn't like us children so he takes his anger out on us now that my mom is gone. His goal is to make us as miserable as possible and so far its working until he puts his hands on us then itll be a problem. Last time he did that I blacked out and he had patches of his skin missing so I'm assuming he'd learned.

But anyways sorry I'll try to make time for writing. I was also thinking if writing a rant book lmao I always am in a bad mood so it would come in handy.