Those pressing matters revolve around one guy though. Namely, Dayu.

We agreed to meet up for dinner. He will stay here in Hainan after his seminar is over.

I wonder what excuse did he gave to his family for his longer stay here. In truth, the image of Dayu's family in my head now is not that great. Dayu had a hard time because of their strict and exacting rules for him although I can always detect that genuine love in Dayu everytime he will talk about his family.

Maybe that is what we should talk about tonight. Our respective families.

....................

(DAYU)

"It's been too long since I enjoyed a vacation near the sea, Mama. I just want to take this opportunity to enjoy the sea..." I inwardly winced as I lie to my mother over a phone call.

I don't feel comfortable lying too. But what should I say to my family? What reason can I give to validate my desire to stay here in Hainan a bit more?

The truth?

Oh, the truth is something my family will not tolerate to hear much less accept.

I am staying here to spend more time with this guy I am going steady with. We skipped the dating and courting part. We are boyfriends now. Mama, Baba...I have a boyfriend now.

If I don't want my grandfather and parents to die in shock, I should probably keep that information to myself for now. Until things become clearer.

Because to be honest, now, I am living in the moment. Not thinking of the future. Just enjoying my time being with someone who is not telling me what to do or feel. Instead Wang Qing is asking me questions to know me and in the process, I am getting to know myself more as well.

It's a nice feeling. Me familiarizing with myself. But would my family understand? I don't know.

I sighed. "Mama, please let me have this time to myself." I pleaded her.

"But Yu ah..." she sighed on the other line as well. "Okay. How long will you stay there?" She asked.

"Maybe a day or two." I replied simply.

"Okay. A day or two is not bad." She relented. "How is the seminar?"

I winced again. How is the seminar? I don't know. I never focused on it enough to learn anything so...

"Good." I lied yet again. "It was good. We met a lot of people here. Learned a few things. It's all standard, Mama. Nothing extraordinary about it." Please, I hope no one will report this seminar and declare it as the best teacher's seminar ever, or else I will be doomed.

My mother made a tutting sound, "I knew that seminar will be quite like the rest. Ordinary and routine. I shouldn't have sent you there. I feel like you only wasted your time there," she said in a regretful tone.

"Ah no," I disagreed with her. "I like coming to this seminar. I get to see the South Sea again. I am thankful you sent me here, Mama."

"Oh Yu ah." Mama sighed. "I miss you though. And now you will stay there longer. What should I do?"

What she said made me smile. My mother may come as a disciplinarian with high standard, but she can show her caring side every now and then.