2. (cute) new kid?

Start from the beginning

Skip to lunch.

Jonah sits down next to me, I patiently wait for my three friends who I haven't seen yet today. Jonah leans over to grab his lunch from his book bag. Paige walks up "Lucy have you seen the new kid!? He's so cute" my face loses all color. She looks confused and sits down with her tray. I glance over at Jonah who I can tell is laughing. "Who's that?" She asks. Jonah sits up with a smile and Paige freezes "uh i- a- um" she struggles. I see Jake and Katie walk in hand in hand. I smile at the cute couple as they sit down. Paige still starred blankly at Jonah. "You must be the new kid" Jake outstretches his hand "yea that'd be me I'm Jonah" Jake smiles "Jake and this is my girlfriend" Katie glares at Paige then turns to Jonah "katie" she looks back at Paige who was still blank faced "Paige you okay" she covered her face "I just said he was cute and I didn't know he was here" she cried. The table erupts into laughter. Jonah opens his lunch and his jaw drops. "What?" He puts his head in his hands. I look inside and began to laugh. I take out the baggie of pineapples and read the note that sat on top of it.

Lucy was right,
pineapples are better.
Love you xx ~momma