Chapter Fifty-Three

Winter's POV - The next day

This is it. Today is the last expo and then I'm flying home tomorrow. I don't want to leave, but I have to. That's just how it is. I don't have a choice. My life is in Oregon... Well, Ethan is my life... But I still can't stay. It's not feasible. Everything I know and own is back home in Oregon.

I sigh as I finish packing my things, zipping my suitcase and setting it to the side. For now, I have another twenty-four hours here with the man I love and I'm going to focus on that, not me leaving. I head downstairs, my short hair bouncing around me and a small smile on my lips as I see Ethan waiting for me at the door.

"You ready?" He asks with a grin.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I giggle back, taking his hand in mind. He gives me a soft kiss before leading me out the door and out to his car. We get in the car and he drives just a few miles to the expo building. We go in the back door to avoid being swarmed by fans and luckily we make it inside safely.

Once we're inside, Ethan helps me find my booth and sits me down in my comfy chair. I giggle as he kisses my hand. "Ethan, stop!" I laugh out.

"No, I just love you so much that I don't want to stop." Ethan replies as he kisses my cheeks and forehead before finally pressing his lips to mine. I smile against the lips that I knew so well at this point and he smiles back.

"Go on, Ethan. The doors are about to open." I state as I grab his face in my hands, squishing I lightly.

"Alright, alright!" Ethan laughs back, pulling away and holding my hands in his. "I love you." He whispers one last time.

"I love you too, Ethan." I reply with a grin. Nothing had ever been more true. I really do love him. Ethan finally pulls away and walks to his booth that's a couple isles down from mine. I sigh as he disappears, but soon a shorter girl who looks to be about sixteen years old stands before me.

"Hey, Winter! I know you don't know me, but I'm another YouTuber here." She says as she shakes my hand.

"Oh hi, yeah I don't think I've ever met you before." I smile back.

(A/N- SHAMELESS SELF PROMO)

"My name is Taryn, I'm not a very popular YouTuber, but I'm on my way there." The short girl who seems to be full of energy grins back.

"It's nice to meet you. What's your channel called?" I ask curiously.

"It's just Taryn Taffy." She shrugs as she takes a step back, checking the time on her watch. "Shit, sorry to cut this short, but I just wanted to come meet you before you left LA. It was nice meeting you!" Taryn calls before she jogs off. I chuckle and murmur,

"You too." As I watch her leave. It's good to see someone who has so much energy. Not everyone can handle being that hyperactive, but from what I gathered in our short encounter, she makes it work well. She has a very strong personality, I'll give her that.

Finally, the doors open and fans of all kinds come rushing in. A smile immediately rises to my lips as I see the diverse crowd role in. It's crazy to think that so many people watch us everyday and that we've changed their lives enough for them to come all the way across the country sometimes just to meet us. In fact, it's not long before I'm faced with my own small crowd of fans.

"Hey, Winter!" A girl with hair that looks almost exactly like mine exclaims. She slides a package across the table for me as I chuckle.

"Thank you, I'm so glad you came. What's your name sweetie?" I ask the girl who looks to be maybe only fifteen.

"My name is Kayla." She replies, a giddy smile on her lips. "Would you mind signing my bag for me?" She asks, brandishing a fabric maker and a white canvas bag that already had many other signatures of YouTubers, musicians and even artist.

"I'd love to!" I take the marker and sign her bag before handing her back the marker. "By the way, I like your hair." I smile up at the girl.

"Thank you, I actually got it cut so that it would match yours. In fact, there were six of us who went and got our hair done just like yours to let you know that aren't alone." Kayla speaks. Her words almost make me cry. Just knowing that there are people out there who care enough to cut their hair just to show me I'm not alone is enough to make my heart feel overwhelmed with happiness. I grin widely at the girl.

"That's amazing to hear, I can't believe you guys would do that for me. Thank you so much." I reply, wiping my eyes.

"It's no problem at all. Have a great day, Winter." Kayla smiles before walking away.

The rest of the day went on as normal, people coming and going from the convention in a steady flow. By the time it was all over, I was exhausted and ready to go home. Right before the convention ended, a boy who must have been seventeen approaches my booth as I'm packing up.

"Hey, uh, Winter?" He asks. I turn towards him an smile. He has hair in the same style as Mark's, but his is a natural golden brown. He wears a nice grey t-shirt and some dark skinny jeans with worn out converse to finish the outfit.

"Hey, how can I help you?" I ask him as I set the papers in my hand down on the table in between the two of us.

"I just wanted to say..." The boy trails off, clearly socially awkward. I feel bad for him, but I'm patient and willing to wait. After a moment, he speaks again. "I'm sorry, about what happens to you, I mean." He states.

"Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fa-"

"Please, hear me out." The boy cuts me off. I'm a bit shocked, but I stay silent. "You see, the girl who attacked you, she's my sister." At this point, I have no words to say. I'm stunned. "She's always had a history of mental problems, but never anything like this. I just wanted to come and say I'm sorry for what she did to you. It wasn't right of her a it wasn't fair to you." With that, he turns on his heels and walks the other way, but before he leaves, I call out to him.

"Wait!" I exclaim. He stops moving. "What's your name?" I ask. There's a pause before the boy turns around and gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Myles," He replies. And with those words, he leaves. I'm in a sort of stunned silence, too confused on how to respond. In moments, Myles disappears into the dispersing crowd as is gone. I wish I had gotten to talk to him more. He seemed like a good guy. I feel bad for him. With a deep sigh and a rake of my hand through my hair, I finish packing my things away and stretch, carrying them out to the car where Ethan waits for me.

"Ready to go home?" He asks with a small smile. I take a deep breath and nod.

"Yeah, I think I am."

_________
A/N-

I literally thought I posted this chapter last night. Kill me.

Anyways, as you can see, this book is drawing to a close.

-Taryn (.-.)\)