Chapter Fourty-Five

A/N- If you'd like to set the mood the way I did, listen to Suburbia by Troye Sivan while reading this.
__________________________

Winter's POV

As I sob into Ethan's arms I can't help but to think of what could've happened if he hadn't found me. I would be dead at the hands of some crazed fan. Not exactly the best way to die. I cling tightly to Ethan's shirt as he cries with me, our heavy breathing mixing with our deep and almost languor sobs. I'm just so glad that he's here with me now. That's all I need. That's all I could ever need is for Ethan to stay by my side.

After what seems like forever, but was probably closer to ten minutes, Ethan quietly dries my tears and leads me upstairs. We silently change into clothes to sleep in then Ethan lays down, holding his arms out for me to snuggle into. I had never seen anything so welcoming in my life. So as I lie down next to him, my arms curled into his chest and his strong, soft and warm arms wrapping around my torso protectively, I let my mind wander.

I let it drift off in different directions, but I also keep it at arms length. I don't want my thoughts to run to terribly far from we're I am now. I would give almost anything to get rid of the memories, but every time I start to think about it, Ethan somehow knows. The moment I think of what that horrible girl did or planned on doing, Ethan would kiss my forehead, or stroke my back, or pull me closer. He would know. He just knows.

My heart rate slowly begins to regulate itself as I lay in his arms, but I can't sleep. I want to sleep, but I can't. From the blocks of it, neither can Ethan. He lays with his arms wrapped around my small frame and his eyes open, blank, yet so full of expression. I curl against him, hiding my head in his chest.

"Ethan," I whisper.

"Hm?" He hums back softly.

"Please sing to me." I respond. Ethan is silent for a few seconds longer as he thinks of what to sing, but luckily, he does sing. He sings beautifully. He sings one of my favorite songs.

"The sun sets longer where I am from. Where dreams go to die while having fun. The boys fix their cars and the girls heat it up. Love is so good when love is young." I begin to hum along to the chorus with the sound of his voice filling my ears and soothing my soul. "There's so much history in these streets, and mama's good eats, and Wonder on repeat. There's so much history in my head, those that I've left and those that I've kept. Did you hear me on the radio? Did you turn it up on your blown out stereo in suburbia?"

It's at this point that I can feel tears slowly slip down my cheeks. As he sings to me, I stop trying to be strong and fall apart in his arms. I wouldn't want to fall apart anywhere else. Ethan makes me feel safe. Safer than ever before.

"Could be playing hide and seek from home, can't replace my blood. It seems I'm never letting go of suburbia."

Every lyric breaks me more, but I need it. I need to break down. I need it so badly. I grip Ethan's back as I pull him close to me, quiet sobs leaving my body as he sings to me, and only to me. No one else. He's there for me. The thought is comforting and yet terrifying at the same time. I don't want to lose him. I can't lose him.

And before I know what's happening, the lines between reality and dream are blurring. I can't keep my eyes open, but Ethan doesn't stop singing. At least, not in my head. So as I fell out of my conscious state of being and into the unconsciously blissful state, I carried the sound of Ethan's voice along with me.

"It seems I'm never letting go of suburbia."

__________
A/N

I'm sorry it's short, but I needed to update. Also I'm super tired and have been in a not so good mood for about a week. So yeah. Anyways, good night everyone.

-Taryn "u"