Chapter Nineteen

Winter's POV

I yawn and curl into Ethan's side, my eyes fluttering closed as I sigh. "Ethan," I whine.

"Yes, darling?" He replies with a small chuckle.

"I wanna go to sleep." I reply as I look up to him. He looks back down at me and shakes his head lightly with a smile.

"Then go upstairs and go to sleep." He suggests.

"I don't wanna, I wanna cuddle you!" I complain. He sighs and stands, picking me up in his arms bridal style. The smile returns my face as I nuzzle my head into his chest. "Thanks, Ethan." I yawn again.

"If course, darling. Any time." He smiles back. I relax into his hold, the feeling of his arms around me extremely comforting. I always feel so safe when I'm with him. So free. I feel like I can do anything when he's at my side. I can only hope they he feels the same. He hasn't told me otherwise I would assume so.

Ethan carries me into his room and gently lays me down on the bed before crawling in next to me and pulling me against his chest. His warm breath on my forehead makes me shiver lightly and smile. With him around me I feel like I'm invincible.

"Winter," He breathes. I let a small hum out as my response. "I'm so glad you came." He states.

"I am too." I reply. With that, I drift off into a soft sleep.

~In Dreamland~

I feel as if I'm floating, the air around me is psychedelic and colorful. Every move I make is beautiful and full of grace, the whole world seemed to revolve around me as if I was a deity. I could see my aura, it was a beautiful bright pink. I'm not too girly, but I know that pink is good to have in your aura.

Then the world begins to go dark. My breathing stops and I desperately claw at my throat in a feeble attempt to get it back. I reach a hand out to grab the pastel colors, but ultimately fail. I feel all the air evacuate from the room and begin to suffocate as it's pulled from my lungs. The world is completely black now and yet I can tell that there's walls around me. The begin to close in and I panic.

I seem to be in a tube of some sorts and before I can evaluate the situation more, I'm tipped on my side. I go to sit up, but hit my head on the ceiling. My worst fear. Tunnels. I slowly begin to crawl forward, sobs racking my body as I do.

Tunnels have always terrified me. You never know if they're gonna end, or if they'll get smaller and you can't go on, or if you get too tired to keep going and get stuck, or if you have to turn around, but there's not enough room and you get stuck.

I was in a living hell. My body felt ten times heavier than usual and I collapse user the pressure, screams for help leaving me as I sobbed. I couldn't move. The ceiling kept getting closer and closer until it was almost pressed against my back. I was terrified. I couldn't move and I was suffocating.

~Out of Dreamland~

"Winter!" I hear Ethan yell. I jolt from my sleep in a cold sweat and a mess of tears. "Winter, thank The Lord!" He sighs as he hugs me. "Are you okay? You were screaming, and crying, and thrashing about." I shake my head as I sob loudly.

"No, I'm not!" I exclaim as I lean into his chest.

"What happened?" He asks.

"My worst fear is having to crawl through tunnels and in my dream, I got stuck in one. It felt so real and there was no way I could get out!" I cry as he cling to his shirt.

"Shhh, it's okay now. It was only a dream. I'm here." I calm a bit, but don't stop crying.

"I'm sorry for waking you." I whisper. Ethan shakes his head.

"I would rather get woken up by you screaming for help than anything. If you're in pain, all I want is to help." He mumbles lovingly.

"Okay." I whisper.

__________
A/N

I'm never writing about that again. I got anxiety just writing about it. I physically am having trouble breathing. I'm never writing about that fear again...

-Taryn >-<