Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N- I am honestly so sorry that I haven't updated in over a month! I've been having finals and studying, plus all the other bull shit that's going on. I am going to set aside a few hours every week to write, but I'm a bit blocked so any ideas or suggestions would be awesome and I'll give you a shoutout! Thanks! (Have a cute alien kid named Jim-Bo. I drew him. Lol)
-Taryn💛
___________________________

Winter's POV

That night, Ethan and I went to bed as usual and cuddled. Like a lot. We talked about everything; our past, our future, our hopes and dreams. Everything. It was a nice reprieve from the horrors of today's world. Ethan held me in his arms and as I lay there in his embrace, I feel as if anything is possible.....

I know, I know. Super cheesy. Bare with me.

Ethan let me tell him about all my fears and he understood them all. He didn't try to rationalize or disprove them, he just nodded and said, "I get it." Honestly, I couldn't ask for any more than that.

He somehow managed to steal my heart in a matter of days when no matter how hard people tried before, they couldn't even break in, much less steal it. Ethan fell asleep before I did so I spent a good half hour just staring at his face. Yeah he had acne, yeah he may look a little funny when he sleeps, but he's still perfect. Every little thing about him makes his personality even better. I'm honestly too in love with him to care about his flaws. I smile softly and soon I'm asleep as well, my hands gently gripping his shirt and my head resting on his chest.

When I woke up the next morning, I was alone, the bed empty apart from my body and the cold sheets that were tangled around me. I sat up, stretched and adjusted my loose fitting Mayday Parade shirt then finally got out of bed. When I did, I unfortunately was too tired to notice that there was a door and I walked straight into it. (A/N- I actually did this this morning too.😂)

Mark's POV

Ethan, Jack, Felix and I sit in the kitchen sipping our coffee and pleasantly talking about what we should do today. That's when we hear a loud bang from upstairs and then a thud on the floor. Then there's a loud groan that literally sounds like the embodiment of self loathing. We all look at each other a bit concerned, but I finally stand and head towards the stairs. "I'll go see if she's alive." I laugh over my shoulder.

I reach the top of the stairs and knock on the door lightly, listening for a response. All I get is some shuffling and mumbled cuss words before the doors open to reveal a very tired Winter rubbing her head. "Good morning!" I smile brightly.

"Fuck this, I'm not walking. Carry me, Mark." She states. I chuckle and shake my head before turning around so that she can get on my back.

"Not even a please? I see how it is." I tease her. She lightly smacks the back of my head and climbs on my back, resting her arms over my shoulders and her head on the back of my neck.

"Shut up and take me to Ethan." She grumbles back in response. I laugh and take her down the hall, down the stairs and back into the kitchen.

"Ethan, she's pissy. I'd be carful if I was you-"

"Take me to Ethannnnnn!" Winter cuts me off with her whine. Everyone laughs and I take her over to Ethan, letting her curl up in the blue haired boy's lap. "Ethan, I ran into the door." She pouts. This is when literally none of us can stop ourselves from laughing. Except for Winter, she just groans and yells, "It's not funny! My head hurts!" Ethan holds her close and replies,

"You'll be okay. Do you want something to eat?" He offers. Winter nods and yawns again. Ethan finally convinces the girl to get off of him so that he can make breakfast. As he does, we all talk and Winter falls asleep with her head on the counter. Like, three times.