Chapter Fourty-One

Ethan's POV

I awake late the next morning to the sun beaming in through the slightly parted blinds. Squinting, I manage to see through the blinding light, slowly adjusting my vision. I roll over some, but feel an arm around me that makes me stop my movements. I lay back down on my back and turn my head to see Winter laying asleep beside me. I smile softly and gaze at her beautiful facial expression.

That's the moment that I realize that she's not wearing a shirt. And neither am I. Or pants. Or anything for that matter. Suddenly, memories of the night before flood my mind and a bright pink blush rises to my cheeks. Did I really do that? Did we really do that!? Holy shit. We did. We really, really, definitely did do that. The blush fades into a wide smile as I rake a hand through my messy blue hair. A soft chuckle leaves me. Well then, I guess I'm not a virgin anymore.

I also remember that I promised Winter I wouldn't leave bed until she was awake, which I am perfectly content with. I wrap my arms around her body and hold her close to my chest. The smile that had formed on my lips never left, how could I ever do anything other than smile when she's around? Winter, looks like you've really done it now. You've got in my head and I don't think there's any possible way to get you out at this point. We're really past the point of no return now, aren't we? Looks like you're stuck with me now.

After a while of me absentmindedly stroking her beautiful brunette hair and getting lost in my own thoughts, Winter begins to stir. I pull back some to give the girl a bit of space, smiling even wider now. Her eyes open and she smiles back at me... Then has the same moment of realization. She blushes, then slowly the blush turns to a smile. Then she begins to laugh. I laugh along with her.

"Holy shit, Ethan!" She exclaims. "We actually did that!"

"That's exactly how I felt when I woke up!" I laugh out. She buries her head in her hands, her messy and beautiful hair splayed across the pillow, her laughter never dying down which only makes me laugh harder.

"WE'RE NOT VIRGINS!" Winter shouts, throwing her fists into the air in triumph. At this point, I'm literally crying from laughing so hard.

"WINTER!" I scream at her through gasps of exasperated laughter. For a few more minutes, we laugh and laugh until we're both in immense pain due to the rapid convulsions of our stomachs. After we regain control of our breathing, we lay on our backs, our hands intertwined and laying on the mattress. Neither of us have the ability to stop smiling. I can't tell if it's just the afterglow or a whole lot of love, but I suspect it's a bit of both really.

"Hey, Ethan?" Winter mumbles.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"I love you." I smile at her words.

"I love you, too." I state.

"Will you make me breakfast?" She questions and of course I don't have the ability to say no.

"Fiiiiiiine." I sigh deeply. She giggles and kisses my cheek lightly.

"Thanks, babe." Winter smiles.

"Yeah, yeah." I stand and pull on my boxers, a small blush arising to my cheeks again. I still can't get over it the fact that we actually did that last night. I leave the bedroom and close the door behind me, heading down the stairs and to the kitchen. Standing by the stove, I decide that I might as well make pancakes and hopefully not burn them or the house in the process.

A few minutes later, Winter emerges from the staircase in an oversize sweater that she definitely stole from me and her underwear. I don't make a big a deal about it, she's covered so it's okay.

"Feeling alright?" I ask her as I cook.

"Walking hurts." She mumbles back as she sits at the counter. I let a chuckle pass my lips. "I'm not kidding!" The girl adds with a small pout.

"Aww, okay. I'm sorry." I let my words drag out with a smile. Winter only rolls her eyes.

"You're a dick, you know that?" She asks.

"Yes, yes I do. And you love me." I state in a matter-of-fact manner. She rolls her eyes again.

"You're lucky it hurts too much to walk or else I would be kicking your ass and not in a good way." Winter grumbles, pulling her messy hair back into a pony tail, but letting her bangs fall over her eyes. I laugh lightly and finish making our breakfast before pulling a bottle syrup out of the pantry and grabbing us two forks. I sit at the counter with her, sliding her a paper plate with pancakes on it before going to the fridge.

"What do you want to drink?" I ask.

"Hit me up with a Yoo-Hoo." She replies.

"We don't have any-"

"Yes you do, Ethan Mark, I saw then in there the other day, now give me one." Winter glares. I swear, if looks could kill, I would be dead where I stand. She's really serious about her Yoo-Hoos. I hand her one and grab a bottle of water for myself then sit down at the counter across from her, drowning my pancakes in syrup and digging in.

For fifteen minutes we're silent, eating contently. Surprisingly, these pancakes were really good. I successfully made something edible. As we finish eating, Winter lays her head on the counter and groans. I put the dishes away and throw the paper plates out, another groan being released from Winter. Then another. And another. And another.

"Fucking hell, woman! What do you want!?" I exclaim, half joking and half not.

"I wanna get back in bed, but walking is haaaaaard." She complains. I sigh, seeing as I have no other option here.

"I can't carry you." I lie, hoping to get out of it.

"Boy, I've seen you without any clothes on. You're fucking ripped. Now carry me upstairs." Winter demands. I let out an exasperated sigh and walk over to where she's siting, letting her crawl on to my back. I carry her out of the living room, up the stairs and into my bedroom, laying her on the bed with a huff. I go to stand again, but she pulls me down next to her, curling up against me.

"Just... Stay with me for a while." Winter whispers.

"How could I ever say no to you?" I reply with a smile. She smiles back, my arms wrapped around her small frame. This is the kind if love I've always wanted. It's just perfect.