Chapter Fourty-Six

Ethan's POV

I awake from a dreamless sleep with early the next morning with a small yawn. I take a moment to look around the room, my eyes finally settling on the beautiful girl in my arms. Winter. Even with short hair, her charm was the same. She was still just as beautiful as ever.

I grab my phone off the nightstand and quickly text a friend of mine that might help me make some arrangements. Something that will definitely make Winter cheer up. I smirk as my fingers type at the keys on the screen. I quickly pull up Thomas' number and type.

Me: Hey Sanders, I'm ready to call in that favor you owe me.

I grin as I send it and quickly Tomas and I make plans. Just as I set my phone to the side again, Winter begins to stir, a soft groan leaving her lips as her eye se squeeze shut.

"Good morning," I whisper to the girl soothingly. I feel her relax in my hold a soft sigh leaves her lips.

"Morning," She responds, slowly opening her eyes.

"Hey, Catherine had offered to help you even out your hair since I don't even know how to cut my own hair. I thought you might like that." I smile softly, brushing a stray piece of her brunet locks from her face. She nods silently and I sigh in relief.

One of my many arrangements, but the first one that needed to be done. Success. I grin softly as I kiss her cheek.

"Let's get ready, she should be over soon." Winter nods at my words and slowly sits up. She looks down at the stitches in her arms and the cuts across her face, chest and hands.

"A-am I allowed to take a shower with the stitches?" She asks, a worried expression on her face. I smile softly.

"You can only take a sponge bath, I'm afraid. You can't get the stitches wet for another week..." I pause as I watch her expression fall. "Would you like me to help?" I offer lovingly. She blushes, but nods softly.

I gently take her hand and lead her to he bathroom, filling the tub about halfway up with very warm water. Winter slowly removes her clothes and slides into the tub, her hands shaking lightly, but a sigh of content leaves her as the warm water engulfs her.

"Remember, arms up." I whisper lovingly as I take a washcloth and dip it in the water, gingerly taking one of her hands in mine and wiping around the stitches carefully. I had to do this I myself one before, so I know what I'm doing. As I clean up her arms and over her shoulders, Winter relaxes more and more with every touch. I only want her to feel loved and safe. That's all. I rub her back with the cloth before taking her other hand and giving that arm the same treatment. I place her hand on the side of the tub on its original side and slowly grab the detachable shower head. "I'm going to wash your hair, okay?" Winter nods. "Just keep your arms where they are and it'll be fine." I add. She nods once again.

I turn it on, Winter's head tilting back so that the water wouldn't run into her eyes. I rinsed it with the same warm water, then shampooed and conditioned it, rinsing it once more. When I'm sure I have all the soap out, I put the detachable shower head back in it's place and grab a fluffy towel for Winter to wrap up in as she gets out.

"Are you okay?" I ask quietly as I gently kiss the top of her ear. She nods again and turns her head so that her lips catch mine briefly before pulling away with a small smile.

"Thank you." She whispers with a distinct smile. I smile back, resting my forehead on hers.

"Anything for you." I reply. "Now get dressed and I'll make you some food." I insist. She doesn't fight, just complies as I head down the stairs to make her food.

I make pancakes and eggs for breakfast, setting them out on the table with the syrup. She soon comes down the stairs with her hair brushed out, my glasses on her face, a loose fitting Neck Deep shirt and grey leggings. She looks just as beautiful as ever, even with the exposed cuts on her arms and face.

"It's all ready, go ahead as start eating." I smile comfortingly. She nods and passes me a small smile as well to show her appreciation. I sit down next to her and we eat in silence. Soon we hear a knock at the door and Catherine comes in, greeting us with a smile and a hug.

"You ready?" She asks Winter. Winter nods politely as she follows Catherine to the bathroom. I'm instructed to stay out so I grab my phone and confirm the plans I made with Thomas. Luckily, everything is in place.

In fifteen minutes, the work is done and Catherine comes out of the bathroom, calling for Winter to follow. I wait with anticipation and it all melts away when Winter steps out. Her hair is cut into short layers that frame her face perfectly. She has a side part that can easily be switched and her hair doesn't come any lower than her neck. She looks beautiful. (Winter's hair on the side.)

I must have been staring because Winter blushes and looks away from me, softly biting her lip with a smile. I smile as well at her grin. She always looks so beautiful when she smiles. I walk forward and place my hands on Winter's waist with a soft sigh.

"You're absolutely stunning." I whisper as I kiss her forehead. Her blush only deeps as her smile widens. "I mean it." She nods and looks up at me.

"Thank you, Ethan." She whispers before pressing her lips against mine. After a moment we pull away and thank Catherine before she leaves. That's when I turn to Winter with a smile.

"Sooo," I begin. "I've arranged a couple of things."

"Like what?" Winter questions.

"A couple of friends coming over. I think that you'll enjoy it a lot. they're people you're fans of." I reply as I bite my lip with a grin.

"Who!?"

"I can't tell you. It's a surprise." Winter whines at these words and I chuckle. "They'll be here soon. Don't worry." I grin. "I love you."

"I love you too."