Chapter Thirty-Five

Winter's POV

I fall asleep in Ethan's arms as he hums softly, stroking my hair rhythmically. The feeling was so soothing that even in my sleep I was able to feel it.

When I awoke, Ethan was at my side with his arms wrapped around my waist and a small smile on his lips. I smiled back and gently slipped out of his arms, heading down towards the kitchen to make breakfast. The events of the evening before still flutter around in my head like moths on a window. With a light sigh, I pull some pop tarts out of the pantry and sit at the island, eating quietly.

It seems surreal, like it was a dream. I reach a hand up to feel my cheek where it had been bandages. It wasn't a dream. It was real. I couldn't bring myself to cry, laugh or do anything. I didn't know how to feel. Yes, what he did terrified me, but at the same time, Tyler beat the shit out of him and that was pretty funny. Then Mark carried me home and made me feel safe. Then Ethan... He fixed me all up, made me feel loved and listened to my story. He made me so happy. He makes me so happy. A small smile rises to my lips as I think about him and everything we've said and done.

I hear my phone buzz and I pick it up off the counter where I had left it last night. It was a text from Mark.

Markimooper: Hey, just so you know, it was Ethan that told us to follow you because he didn't want something to happen to you.

I smile a bit wider at this. Ethan. My knight in shining armor. It's at this point that the blue haired boy stumbles down the stairs in an old grey t-shirt and black shorts.

'Or... Not so shining.'

I giggle at my own thought and smile over at him. "Good morning, Ethan." I wave happily.

"Good morning, my love." Ethan replies as he kisses my forehead before going to the pantry to get some pop tarts for himself. "Did you sleep okay?" He questions.

"I always sleep great in your arms." I sigh contentedly. "And you?"

"I slept good. You kept me warm so I was happy." Ethan smiles as he sits across from me at the island. "How are you doing?" He inquires, his expression a bit more serious now. My eyes drop.

"I'm okay, I think." I begin. "It's just a lot to process and it's all kinda fuzzy." This is when I remember what Mark sent me. "Thank you, by the way... Not only for cleaning me up and listening, but for telling Mark and Tyler to go after me." Ethan chuckles nervously as his cheeks flush a light shade of pink.

"I thought you would be mad. Who told you?" He replies. I giggle.

"Mark. He texted me a few minutes ago." I state. He nods and takes a bite of his pastry. I do the same and we sit in a comfortable silence until we're finished eating.

Soon I had dragged Ethan back up the stairs and I was snuggling up against him, remote in hand.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks.

"Nothing. I just wanna stay inside, and cuddle you, and watch movies." I mumble back, pulling up his Netflix and looking for a movie I could actually enjoy. "Anything you specifically don't want to watch?" I ask.

"No super cheesy or old romance movies." Ethan chuckles.

"I feel you there. Stay away from the over the top romance movies. It's a good moral to live by." I nod. Soon I'm down in the Disney movies and scrolling through the new ones, immediately clicking on Moana. "This is one of my favorites." I grin up at my cute boy.

"It's very funny. I don't think any character has ever explained my personality better than Hay-Hay." He states with a blank expression.

"That's... Actually really accurate." I grin before starting the movie, crawling under the covers and curling up against his side.

We wasted the whole afternoon eating junk food and watching Disney movies. Honestly, I haven't been happier in a long time. This was perfect. It's all I've ever wanted. But is it too good to be true? Half way through Disney's new Alice In Wonderland, I turn my head to face Ethan.

"Ethan..." I murmur.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Don't you think this is too-"

"Dreamlike?"

"Yeah."

"I've been thinking about that too. It's just too good to be true..." It's at this point when he pauses the movie and looks down at me, gazing into my eyes. "But yet it is. And look at us, we've already made so much progress and literally everyone has started shipping us." He grins. I give a small giggle. "Besides, I'm so desperately in love with you. Even if you're not real, I know that my feelings are." I give a soft awe.

"You just made yourself sound more crazy and more adorable than usual." I state.

"Oh, shush, Winter." Ethan laughs out before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you, too, Ethan. That'll never change."