Chapter Fifty-Two

Ethan's POV

I took Winter to get her stitches out today. She hast stopped touching the places they were and every time she goes to touch one, I smack her hand away. Like now, for example. "Winter, you have got to stop touching them!" I exclaim.

"I know! I know! I just feel so weird without them now. Like, I had gotten so used to them that I forgot what it was like to have them out." Winter replies as she goes to touch one again. I grip her hands as we stand by the door to our room at the top of the stairs.

"Am I going to have to restrain you?" I ask, giving her a half-hearted glare and holding we hands down. Winter blinks a few times then smirks.

"Kinky." She murmurs before pulling away and walking into our room. My cheeks flush a shade of bright pink as I process the situation and I grumble some cuss words under my breath. "Besides," She begins again. "I think I've had enough bondage for a lifetime." Winter holds up her still bruised wrists with a small smile. I know she meant it as a joke, but even she couldn't deny how horrible the event was.

"Just stop touching them, alright?" I sigh in defeat. "They're not fully healed yet and you need to be careful. I don't want you to get an infection or rip one of those open again."

"Look at you, so mature." Winter giggles as I walk up to her. She takes my hands and I lay my forehead against hers. "You know, you'll make a great dad someday." She comments. I shrug.

"Maybe... I hope I will at least." I reply quietly.

"I know you will. You'll do great at anything you chose to do, Ethan." Winter smiles up at me. I scoff with a soft chuckle.

"You sound like a really crappy video from the 90s they would show us in high school about career choices." I comment. Winter rolls her eyes and pushes me away playfully.

"You're so strange." She sighs.

"Life is strange." I shrug.

"Stop referencing video game titles." Winter calls as she heads towards the bathroom. I just chuckle and shake my head at her.

"I'm gonna go downstairs and work on some editing, okay?" I call as I kick my shoes off and lay my jacket on the bed.

"That's fine." Winter calls back. I turn on my heels and head downstairs and to the kitchen, grabbing an apple quickly before retrieving my laptop and sitting down on the couch. I make myself comfortable and begin editing, but I'm a bit cold. Instead of getting a blanket like a normal person, as soon as Winter comes down the stairs, I call her over.

"Whatcha need?" She asks curiously, her head tilted slightly in a cute manner.

"I'm cold." I complain.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Winter replies sassily.

"Cuddle me, please?" I pout, practically begging her. She sighs and rolls her eyes.

"Fiiine, but only because you're cute." Winter grumbles. I cheer as she sits next to me on the couch, practically engulfing me in her arms. I laugh at her actions before I continue editing, now much warmer than before.

__________________________
A/N-

Woah, I updated. Woah, it's short.

I'M SORRY! I AM REALLY TRYING HERE! T°T

All I can write right now is fluff and filler, I'm sorry guys. I'm going to try to write more and get chapters up on time.

I will say, this book is coming to a close soon.

-Taryn (@.@)