Chapter Thirty-One

Winter's POV

I began to cry silently in his arms, my tears mixing with the warm and pristine water from the shower. I never sobbed, sniff or made any sound at all. I didn't want him to know that I was crying. In all honesty, I'm so ashamed of myself. I had been falling apart for days now, everything I did seeming so wrong. I felt as if I were disappointing people. I don't know why I feel that, but I do.

Ethan held me a bit tighter as my eyes closed in an attempt to hide my tears. Why I decided to get in the shower with him? Honestly I don't know. I do know thy it's nothing sexual. I just wanted to be with him. "Ethan..." I whisper.

"Yes, Winter?" He replies, concern clear in his tone.

"I think I'm in love with you..." I reply. My forehead drops to rest against his chest, my breathing heavy and my lips parted. He was silent for a moment and I didn't know why, but I didn't dare look up at him. I was too afraid that if I did look up, his face would show that he didn't love me back. That was the last thing I could deal with.

I could take the silence easily, accept it quickly as an open end to my statement, letting him know that he's welcome to respond. I didn't utter another word and for a good minute or so, which seemed an eternity to me. But I felt him inhale deeply as if he was about to speak, so I prepared myself for the worse and hoped for the best. This was it. The moment of truth.

"Winter, I..." Ethan could barely be heard over the pounding of the water on the floor and my own heart that seemed to be right in my ear. "I think I'm in love with you too." I stop crying at this, my eyes opening suddenly and my my head snapping up. I met his gaze with wonder-filled eyes, his giving a soft and welcoming overtone.

"Y-you do?" I ask, shocked. He smiles softly and nods.

"Winter, I think I've been in love with you for a while now." He whispers, his arms tightening around me slightly as if he knew that I just needed to be held for a while, and he wasn't wrong. I did need to just be held for a while.

It became hard for me to speak. My vocal chords seemed to stop working and if my mind wasn't reeling before, it certainly was now. I continued to cry silently, my head resting against his chest and his arms wrapped around my body. He's so different than every other guy out there and he's honestly so perfect. But he chose me. I'm the lucky girl who gets to say that he's mine.

But in all honesty, I wouldn't want us to be any other way than what we are.

__________
A/N-

Sorry for it being short. Also sorry for any typos. I literally wrote this chapter very slowly over three days. One hour everyday. Each hour was passed midnight.

-Taryn❤