Chapter Thirty-Nine

Ethan's POV

We wave goodbye to Mark and I begin to drive to the other side of town. I decide to take her to a fancy Italian restaurant since she loves pasta of all kinds. She didn't exactly expect all of this, but she's posting pictures of the rose and she can't stop smiling. In all honesty, she's so beautiful. I don't think anyone could beat her in a beauty contest.

I look back to the road with a smile as well. In all honesty, this is one of my only real dates. See, when I went on my first date, it was super awkward. Her parents were there, my parents were there. We say awkwardly in a movie theater and didn't even hold hands. We broke up a week later. I both laugh and cringe at the memory.

When we arrive at the restaurant, I step out of the car and run to the other side to get the door for Winter. "M'lady," I grin jokingly. She laughs and rolls her eyes as she steps out of the car. I shut the door and lock the vehicle before putting my keys in my pocket and holding my arm out for Winter. She links her arm in mine and giggles.

"Thanks for taking me out, Ethan. It means a lot." She states softly.

"Anything for you, Winter. I'm glad to take you out whenever you'd like." I reply.

"I'm just glad that I get to spend time with you." The brunette chuckles back. I only smile and take her inside, approaching the podium at the front.

"Do you have a reservation?" The girl at the front desk asks.

"Yes, for Nestor, Ethan Nestor." I nod back. She checks her book then smiles, writes something, grabs two menus and then motions for us to follow her. She takes us into a back room that only had a few other people in it. The walls are a deep scarlet velvet with a dark wood trim and a black marble flooring. It happens to be a dimly lit room, but a candle flickers on the table inside of a frosted glass cup in front of us. We sit down across from each other at the dark wood table in two Victorian looking chairs with the same scarlet velvet covering the padding on the chair.

"What can I get you two to drink?" The waitress asks us.

"I'll take a Coke." I smile softly at her. She then looks to Winter.

"Just a water, no lemon." Winter states. The waitress nods and then leaves to go get our drinks. I look over to Winter who's already staring at her menu with her brows furrowed.

"Any idea on what you want?" I chuckle.

"No, I'm so conflicted!" She states exasperatedly. "I love all these pastas!" She groans in frustration. I laugh at her dramatization of the situation and shake my head softly.

"Well I know exactly what I want." I smirk as I set my menu down.

"Oh yeah?" Winter challenges. "And what's that?"

"You," I state simply. Winter's cheeks flush a bright pink that's just noticeable in the dim light. She doesn't look at me.

"Fuck yourself." She murmurs. I burst into laughter at this and pick my menu up to look at it again. "Okay, I think I know what I want." She sighs, her mind obviously still debating if she should get it or something else.

"Me too." I grin.

Soon the waitress comes back with our drinks and sets them in the fancy coasters that lay before us.

"Are you ready to order or would you like some more time?" She asks.

"No, we're ready." I smile up at her. "Winter," I gesture for her to go first.

"I'll have the spinach tortellini meal." She smiles softly. The waitress jots this down on her notepad and then looks to me.

"I'll have the lasagna with the marinara sauce." I add. She nods and writes this as well.

"I'll have someone come around in just a second with some breadsticks." She states before turning and leaving. I take a deep breath and smile at Winter. She smiles back, seeming a bit giddy.

"What are you so excited for?" I laugh.

"Well, this is the first real date I've ever been on." She blushes softly.

"Don't worry, this is the second date I've ever been on. And it's going so much better than my first." We both laugh at my remark and she gently shakes her head. "So tell me, Winter, if you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" I ask.

"Romania," She answers immediately.

"Why there?" I inquire.

"I love the history, the culture, everything. It's a beautiful place in the summer. But I love all of Europe, really." Winter smiles. "What about you?" She turns the question back.

"I'm not sure." I reply. "Probably someplace in Europe, but I don't know." I chuckle. A waiter comes around with our breadsticks and smiles as he sets them down then walking away before we can even say thank you. I just shrug and pick up a breadstick to eat.

After half an hour of senseless talking, our food comes and we finally get to chow down on some great food. During our meal, our talking was sporadic and random. The food was too good to interrupt with words. Within fifteen minutes we've finished eating and are back to talking, but this time about dessert.

"That molten lava cake looks sooooo good." Winter states.

"I agree, we need it." I nod my approval. We call the waitress over and order it, knowing that the ten minute wait was going to be worth it. "So what made you want to do YouTube?" I ask.

"Well, a lot of things, really." The girl begins. "After I graduated high school, I decided that I didn't really want to go to college. Like, yeah it would be great and all, but I didn't have the time or money for it. So I started doing YouTube videos in between my two jobs.

It was just a hobby at first, but as I got more and more subscribers and views on my videos, YouTube sent me a check and I was like, 'Holy shit, I can make money off this!' So I made more videos, connected with some other Tubers and soon my channel started booming. And now here I am." She giggles.

"That's really cool." I smile at her, her usual hazel eyes now a light shade of green. She's beautiful.

"I guess so. I think it's how a lot of people got into YouTube. Not everyone wants it to be a career at first. It just sort of happens to people." Winter shrugs.

"That's true." I nod in agreement as I take a sip of my drink. Soon our desert has come and we are staring at a handcrafted God given plate of food. It was almost too beautiful to eat, but that didn't stop us from picking up a spoon and digging into the vanilla ice cream, hot rich chocolate cake and beauty.

We managed to finish it in a mater of seven minutes and by then, we were so full that it almost hurt.

"I'm never eating again." Winter states.

"You say that now, but tomorrow morning you'll be telling me to make you food." I laugh.

"You right." Winter nods to this.

"You ready to go?" I ask with a soft smile.

"Yeah," She smiles back. We stand and walk to the front counter where I pay, then we head out to the car. "Hey," She begins.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Thanks for taking me out tonight. I had a really great time." Winter smiles down at the ground, biting her lip softly to core her blush.

"Any time. I had a lot of fun." I reply. "Besides, we both know that I'm a sucker for you. All you have to do is ask and I will most likely do it." She laughs at this and shakes her head.

"Shut up and unlock the car." I smile brightly and do as she requests, opening the door for her to get in. Once she's in, I close the door and head to my side of the car, getting in and starting it before buckling up. I make sure that she's buckled in before pulling out of the parking lot and heading towards home.